Chapter 57

That night, while Gabriel tossed and turned in his bed, Abigail was with Tom. 

He led her to the room of requirement again. He undressed her quickly, his lips pressed against her neck then all over her collarbones, careful to not leave any visible bruises. 

He threw her down on the bed. She looked at him, ready for it. 

He came down and took her again and again, making her scream, making her dig her hands into his back.    

After, they laid together in the King sized bed. There was a certain kind of intimacy in nakedness. No more sex, but just two bodies, vulnerable, intertwined, skin to skin.   

She examined his stomach, her fingers tracing the healing scar.

"Watch it. Or I might just-" He smirked. 

"Stop it." She giggled. 

He brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes. She grabbed his hand and felt his cold hand against his cheek. She wanted to just capture the moment forever in a capsule. 

"What are you doing for the summer?" She asked, hoping that they might spend it together. 

"That doesn't concern you, darling. Don't worry about it." He said.

"Oh." She said, a little disappointed.

"I need you to go with him." 

"Why?" 

"You need to get inside, Abigail. You're my best way in." 

"But I don't want to." She muttered.   

He looks at her, and she stops fighting. 

"Please. Do it for me." He said gently, his fingers stroking her cheek. 

"But...Tom...What if-"

He sits upright. "You know what you need to do, Abi. Whatever it takes to keep his trust. Nothing is off limits, surely you understand that." 

She shook her head in disbelief. Surely he didn't mean that.  

"But-but I can't do that, Tom. You know I can't." She whispered. 

He holds her face in his hands and forces her to stare into his dark eyes. 

"Do you know what keeps me up at night?" 

She shook her head no.  

"Each and every night, Abigail, I'm reminded of what I should have, what's rightfully mine. Now I have to bow to him and pretend to be his servant. Fucking sickening. You don't know. You don't know what it feels like to-hate-to hate someone and something so much that you must destroy it, at all costs. I will sacrifice everything, Abi. Nothing matters as long as I can destroy him" 

"Tom-"

"Things like these are so, so trivial, can't you see? If spreading your legs will keep him there, you do it."  

She broke down in tears. He sighed. 

"I'm sorry. I am. I hate this more than you do, trust me. But without sacrifice...there will be no results. Do whatever you need to do to keep him under your spell."

She choked back a sob. "Is that all I am to you? A tool to-"

He placed a thumb over her lips gently and held her closer in his muscular arms, reminding her that he was still here with her. 

"Listen to me, Abi. Just listen."

"I'm listening."

"Do you remember...that night by the moon? At the orphanage, by the water, when we first sat down together and looked at the moon?" He asked. 

"Of course I do..." She said, remembering. It was the first time she had talked to him. When she first asked to be his friend. She saw him in the moonlight, her angel, not knowing that from that moment on, he would dictate the course of her life. She didn't expect him to remember. He was Tom Riddle, after all. 

But he did. And this fact melted her heart once again.  

"I was going to jump and just go away, you know. I sat there alone and looked out into the dark, dark nothingness. I even dipped my toes in there. I was going to do it, I was. I had enough. I had enough of this fucked up world and I wanted to escape."  

"But then you showed up." He laughed, "And you were-so fucking annoying-you wouldn't leave me alone."  

There were tears in her eyes again now. 

"But I'm glad you did, Abi." 

She kissed him, holding on to his lips and refusing to let go. He pressed his forehead against hers and closed his eyes. 

"You saved me from myself." He whispered. 

"Tom..." She said, holding him closer. "I love you."  

He nodded, knowing that it was true. 

"I know you do."

................................................

Cassie opened the door. Penny was still awake, trying to complete her Herbology paper due the next morning.  

"Where have you been!" Penny asked, seeing Cassie's state. "You look really pale. Do you know how late it is?"  

Cassie sat down. The tears on her face had dried. 

"I'm ready." She said quietly. Penny raised an eyebrow. 

"Ready for..?"

"You were right, Penny. You were right about her."

Penny looks at Cassie questioningly. Something drastic inside the girl had changed, and it intrigued Penny.  

"What are you suggesting?"Penny asked. 

"let's work together. Let's destroy her."

Penny was a little surprised to hear this. 

"Oh? Are you sure-"

"I'm fucking sure." 

"Well...remember what I said about your advantage? She still trusts you, Cass. She wants to be your friend again. Get close to her and watch her fall from the front row seat."   

Cassie looked into the mirror and saw her own cold eyes. Something in them frightened her, but she didn't mind.  

Penny smiled, feeling as if she had won. She had turned Cassie to her side. She finally created the monster, the weapon she so desperately craved to torture Abigail. 

But when Victor Frankenstein created his monster, would he know of the true consequences once he unleashed it?  

Don't play with fire. Things can get out of control very quickly. One day, unexpectedly, it might just swallow you whole.