Chapter 35

"What is it?" He asked coldly. The moment of tenderness was gone from his dark eyes. 

"Tom." She said, trying to catch his fleeting glance. "I demand an answer." 

He laughs. 

"What do you want to hear, darling?" He says.  

"The truth." 

"The truth is what I make it, Abigail. Surely you know that." 

"Tell me why you left. Tell me why you're angry with me" 

"Do I need a reason?" He says, his smile brilliant and almost cruel, taunting her. 

"Tom!" She cried, grabbing on to his sleeve. 

"I come and go as I please, Abigail." He says, touching the tip of her chin with his long fingers. "But i've tired of you. So please don't bother me again." 

She shuddered, her thin body shaking from disbelief. 

"Af-after all the years. All we've been through.....this is what you say?" She sobs, walking away from him slowly. 

He sighs. 

"The past is the past, Abi. You need to put it behind you. You're happy now, aren't you?" He whispered. 

"Happy-happy?" She cried. "T-Tom Riddle! You have the audacity to say that to my face? How can I be happy? How?" She says, her voice fading to a croaking whisper. 

"Please, Abigail. Don't be so irrational." He laughs, clicking his tongue,  gently wiping her tears from her cheeks. His hands were the softest, most caressing touch. But his cruel words were the sharpest daggers. "It's not good be be so attached. There there. Calm yourself." 

"Why are you like this?" She whispered. Why was he so gentle and so brutal at the same time? Why must he flutter her heart with charm and kill it with his distance at the same time? Each touch reminds her of the past she might never gain back. 

He laughs coldly again. 

"Don't come looking for me, Abigail. I've made myself clear enough. Don't get yourself into any trouble. Have a nice afternoon." He said, his voice sounding sarcastic and amused. He walked away. He could not look back at her tear-streaked face. He stared straight ahead, shutting out her face from his head. He focused his eyes on the road ahead, not thinking of her or her hazel eyes and tears and Thomas Lind's scars. 

She stared after his silhouette, her insides falling to pieces form the pain. Tears dripped off her cheeks and onto the coat, little droplets freezing in the winter cold. But she did not care. None of it mattered now. She felt numb within from the pain. 

Then she had the urge. It was an inexplicable kind of rush, kind of sudden urge. She had the sudden notion to do something very very dangerous and very very stupid. She could not think. The pain had taken over. Penny's cruel words and Tom's coldness all hit her at once. She felt hotness inside of her, a hot, red drive pushing her to the edge.  

The next thing she knew, she stood on the edge of the Black Lake. 

......................................

To be continued........also, please comment! What do you guys think of Tom Riddle/Gabriel or any of the characters in general? Please let me know! Literally nothing makes he happier than to hear feedback! Tell me in the comments or message me! 

-Kisses, Emilia