Chapter 46

"Your love shines the way into paradise...so I offer my love as a sacrifice. 

-I See You (Leona Lewis)

......................................................

"Go Abi!" Cassie cheered on the sidelines at practice. 

Abigail shot her a smile and came back down from the sky on her broom. 

Gabriel glared. 

"Hey! get back to work!" He said, walking over also. "I hate it when you're here, Catie. You're always distracting our seeker." Gabriel joked. 

Cassie felt a little stung that he didn't know her name..but it's okay! At least he's talking tp her. Everything starts from somewhere.  

"I'm Cassie." She reminded. 

"My bad." 

"Apologize to Catie at once!" Abigail demanded jokingly.  

"Sorry, miss Cassie." Gabriel said, rolling his eyes at Abigail. "My most sincerest apologies."  

Cassie blushed. She held out her hand, and Gabriel took it and planted a barely-there kiss. 

"You happy now? Ready to work?" Gabriel said to Abigail, releasing the snitch into the air. 

"Yes Captain!" Abigail laughed.  

Cassie blushed still. The moment Gabriel touched her hand...it was everything to her. It was almost electric. He meant it jokingly, but she loved it. She had waited for three years. To others, it just seems like a stupid, far-fetched crush. After all, Gabriel barely knew her name. 

But from the moment she saw him, she was utterly amazed by him. She became so attached to her idol. He was everything she ever wanted in a boy...handsome, tall, popular, wealthy.  To her, he was perfection.    

.................................. 

"Sam and Miles!" Slughorn yelled, assigning today's partners for Potions.  

Sam blushed, not knowing how to feel about this. He wants to talk to Avery, but he was also so afraid. Avery...was probably just very drunk and upset his date left him. Rich, popular boys like Miles Avery did not fall for boys, Sam thought.  

They were normal,  and into pretty blonde girls.  

Avery sat down gruffly, slamming his potions book on the table.  

"Right. Let's starting making this...love potion or whatever." Avery muttered, grabbing his cauldron.  

Sam smiled a little and felt butterflies in his stomach. How ironic.   

Their arms accidentally touched as Sam stirred the potion, and Avery immediately pulled away. 

"Watch it, mate." He said to Sam. "Don't wanna spill anything."  

"Sorry." Sam muttered, a little hurt. But then again, what did he expect?   

Avery sighed and added another ingredient. Sam peered over to see how the potion was doing, and their heads touched. 

"Fuck this. I'm done here." Avery said, and walked out. 

"What-" Sam chased after him. 

Once in a private corridor, Avery turned around and stopped  

"Leave me the fuck alone." Avery said, leaning against a wall. 

"What's your problem?" Sam asked. "Why do you have to be such an ass?" 

"Because you-you're making me very uncomfortable, alright? Leave me be. I-I'm not like that." 

"Uncomfortable? Excuse me? you're the one making a big deal out of nothing. " Sam said back, crossing his arms and trying to act assertive even though he was falling to pieces inside.  

"Yeah, you're right. I'm making a big deal out of nothing." Avery said quietly. 

"Yep..." Sam replied. They both stared off into space for a random second before Avery lunged in for it. He pressed his lips against Sam's forcefully.

This kiss was not like the last. It was not drunken and sloppy. It was more desperate, more impulsive.  

it lasted for ten seconds before Sam pushed Avery off. 

"What's your problem?" He whispered again, feeling intense color rise in his cheeks. 

Avery sighed. 

"I don't know...okay? I-I. I'm sorry." 

"Its okay." Sam said. he did enjoy it, to be honest.  

"But I swear...if anyone sees this..I'm fucked. I will be ruined, Sam. it's best just to-uh-not talk to each other again, okay?"  

.............................................. 

Tom Riddle understood that from the unbreakable vow, he is vulnerable to Marvolo.  

Each time he does something that betrays the vow, he will suffer the consequences. 

But for revenge, he will do it. No matter how intense the pain, the suffering, he will prevail though it all. 

After all, pain was nothing new to Tom Riddle. 

Abigail did not know how to confront Tom Riddle again, after the kiss. She fell into a daze sometimes, thinking about him, about his touch, his kiss, his words..... 

Tom Riddle was still conflicted as ever..... 

He did not want to bring her into this. This war was not hers, but he understood that she was already caught in the crossfire.  

There was no one else in the world he would not manipulate, use as a tool, destroy. But her....she was the one exception. 

But she could become his most valuable weapon. With her, Tom Riddle had Gabriel's heart in his hands.  

But would he be willing to use it?