Chapter 83

"I don't need you. I want you." He replied, a tremble in his voice.

"I love him. I love him now, and you're just an ugly part of my past." She said through gritted teeth.

"That's not true."

"I meant every word. Gabriel and I will raise our daughter together, and she will have a happy home."

"That's not true!" He yelled. She laughed.

"How typical of you to get upset and lose your temper when things don't go your way...you won't always get everything you want, no matter how rich or how powerful you make yourself. There are things you will never have, Tom Riddle, because you don't deserve them." She said, as her words landed in the air, they hit him like knives, cutting through his flesh.

You don't deserve them.

"Nothing to say now?" She sighed. " I spent my whole life running after you. Every time you abandoned me, I still believed in you. You were my dream...I have given you everything, Tom Riddle...what have you given me? You know what I want. But you'll never give that to me."  

All she ever wanted was his love...

Yet, his heart was locked in iron shackles, surrounded by frozen glaciers, guarded by fire-breathing dragons. 

"That's not true," he said softly, reaching out to her, pleading. "You know that."

"I only know that you only ever cared about yourself. I was only ever a chess piece in your game. You flitted in and out of my life whenever you felt like it, and every time you broke me, all I could do was put myself together again to love you again. All you care about is revenge and power... You're obsessed. You're delusional, and so was I."  

"Don't you remember, Abi? Don't you remember the orphanage, Thomas Lind, and how they tortured us? It's all because of them, Abi. To survive, I had to fight back! I'm fighting for you too..." He explained, trying to defend himself. With any other, he could easily win an argument with his charisma and wit...but with her, now, he lost his silver tongue.   

"Do you honestly believe what you said? Yes, we were miserable...but I had you. I had you and that was all that ever mattered to me. I took the needles and the pain for you, but I did it happily because you were my whole, fucking, world." 

And you were mine. You still are, and always, always will be. 

All I ever wanted was to give you the world...but I lost myself along the way.

If only he had the courage to say those words out loud. But he could only bite his tongue.  

"I can change for you." He offered. " I can change..." 

She dismissed him with a soft laugh. "As if you ever could. You've come too far to put it all down, Tom. I know you. But I must congratulate you, I suppose. Now, you finally have everything you've ever wanted."   

In the orphanage, there was once a boy who dreamed of conquering the world.  

He looked out to the narrow London streets and dreamed of a golden throne, of magnificent pillars, of Gods, of dust, of power...When he had nothing else, he had hatred and ambition, and those things kept him alive. He knew that he would one day rise so far above it all that the present suffering never mattered. The scars on his body would only serve as a testament to his future strength. He dreamed of defeating the monsters and demons that lurked in the walls and haunted his nightmares...and he did. He slaughtered those who stood in his way and washed his young hands with their crimson blood.