4. So Embarrassed...

Hello, internet! Just a quick recap of what's happened these past few weeks. First, the Patriots completely DESTROYED the Falcons at the Super Bowl and I've never felt so sad in my life. Secondly, I just caught up to the Flash and it was AH-mazing. I love Cisco. He is my spirit animal.

Anybody catch the Grammys this Sunday? Go ahead, Beyonce! Shine like the pregnant goddess you are! Also, congrats to Adele for Album of the Year. Beautiful work, Adele. The Prince tribute made me cry. Not to be an old nerd but, I was a sucker for Prince in middle school. I just loved the 80s feel he brought to the table. R.I.P Prince, I miss you.

Anyway, to go back to reality, I was utterly embarrassed this week. Well...besides the locker room incident that happened last week Tuesday. This week just got worse after that. For a couple of days, Alex and I would meet up after school, but we wouldn't talk to each other. Like, at all. It was super weird. It'd be this awkward silence between us. Just recently, we went for ice cream and we sat by the lake and ate without saying a word. I wanted to break the silence, but every time I wanted to say something, whispers or small, hesitant sighs came out instead. Same went for Alex, too. I just hope I don't see him today. It would be too weird and humiliating for us.

It's that time of the week again. It's Saturday and it was Weekend Rush at the restaurant. That's what we call the days when people come to the restaurant for lunch after a long day at the beach or a long day at work. I prepared to head downstairs, so I got dressed in my gray crop, pink mini-skirt, and black Converse. I tied my hair in a high ponytail and threw my black hat and matching apron on that had the restaurant logo on it in big bright red letters.

"Blake, GET DOWN HERE! YOU KNOW IT'S THE WEEKEND RUSH!" My dad screams ever so loudly from the banister of the stairs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, Daddy. Just give me a—" I was stopped short as a familiar face had walked through the door.

Him. Alexander. It also seemed like he brought some of his football buddies as well. This is going to be one awkward Weekend Rush. I was stuck in my place like a deer in the headlights and my dad snapped me out of it.

"Hello? Blake, we got customers! Get going, babygirl!" My dad hands me my notepad and pencil and sends me on my way. I was beyond scared. I was shaking like a chihuahua and sweating more than a sinner in church. Alex and about four of his buddies were sitting at a booth and they were horsing around with the salt and pepper shakers. I speedwalk past their table, trying to avoid eye contact with the boys, but one of them cat-called for me, which made me jump.

"Aye, little mama! Can we get a little service ova' here?" A boy calls me over in the worst way possible.

As told, I scurried over to the table, rolling my eyes in the process. The boy was dressed like a jerk, with a leather jacket, ripped jeans and a white t-shirt. He was wearing combat boots and had a red snapback that sat backward on his head.

"Yes, you rudely yelled for me?" I remark snarkily.

"My name's Will. It's a pleasure to meet you." Will had a thicker Australian accent than blood itself and he reached over and kissed my hand. I pull back in disgust and wipe my hand on my apron.

"Hey, I know you! You're the girl that busted into the locker room last week. Aye, Alex, there's your nerd girlfriend!" The restaurant erupted with booming laughter at the booth as the boys playfully pummel and noogie Alex. Alex brushes off their remarks with hidden shame. I brush off the comments as well.

"Hi, Blake." Alex stares directly at me with red cheeks.

"Hello, Alexander. I see you came to the Weekend Rush today. What brings you here?" I ask quickly.