15. Panic Attack

Author's Note: At the top is the song Alex and Will sang for Blake. Feel free to take a listen while you read the scene.

At least thirty minutes went by as I sat in the restaurant just thinking, "How am I gonna tell them?" 

It can't be that hard, right? Just woman up and tell them, ya big coward! 

Bzzz. Bzzz. Bzzz. My phone starts to vibrate. I walk over to the booth where it was laying, on top of the table and I turn the screen over. It was an unknown number. I was so scared to even answer it, but it would be rude not to and I'm not that type of person to do such a thing. 

"Hello?" I say shyly. 

"Hey, Blake. It's good to hear your voice." The familiarity of the voice was too much for me to handle.

It was Will. 

"Hello? Blake? Hello?" He breaks the silence. 

"Oh! Um, sorry. Hi, Will. I was just confused. How did you get my number?" I ask him. 

"Oh, Alex gave it to me after what happened Saturday. Just in case, ya know?" William says. 

"Right. So what time do you want me to be there for the little gig?" I ask him nervously. 

"At three. I saw that it was nearly two forty-five and Alex offered to drive you here, so I bumped up it to three." Will explains. 

"What?!? Already?!? But I haven't even put on my good pants yet!" I exclaim.

"Well, you better hurry, Alex will be there in ten minutes. Okay, I gotta set up, so see you in a bit, alright?" Will begins to end the conversation. 

"Yeah, see you. Bye." I say, ending the phone call. 

I then realized that the outfit I had on was DISGUSTING, considering the fact that I had not showered since Saturday night. Ew, right? I'm surprised my dad didn't get grossed out when he pet my head. I decided to hop in the shower because I didn't want to smell like a garbage can threw up on me. 

I ran upstairs and made sure to get out of my sling and carefully remove my clothes when I got in the shower.  I had picked out an outfit before I jumped in the shower. It was a nice pink tank top, with black suspenders, my favorite pair of acid-washed ripped jeans, a pair of peach socks and my black Converse. For a finished look, I just wanted to throw on a gray cardigan for a simple touch. I also decided to throw my hair in a bun and wear minimal makeup because it was just a get-together; nothing fancy was happening. 

Besides, to me, this would be a step up from what Charlie had thrown together for me

Besides, to me, this would be a step up from what Charlie had thrown together for me. It wasn't my style, but man, I have to say, Charlie worked a miracle that night. Anyway, I hopped in the shower, scrubbed my hair until my fingers cramped, got dressed, tied my hair up, put my makeup on, along with my glasses and made my way outside to wait for Alex. As I waited, I wanted to grab another slice of pie to calm my nerves, but I had already eaten a pie and didn't want to seem glutton. I was ready to turn around when Alex had just rolled up in his car.