9. Seven in Heaven

It was 6:30 pm and it was almost party time. Charlie and I were ready to go and get Alex back before he got us. But before we got to the party, we stopped at the diner to freshen up first. Alex had finally texted me to tell me where the party is.

"He said the party is at some guy's house. Nate Garner or something like that." I tell Charlie.

"Nate Garner? That jerk!" Charlie exclaims.

"What? Who's Nate Garner?" I ask, tucking a loose hair behind my ear.

"A scum bag that tricked me last year at one of his parties. I hate him! Also, he's the quarterback for the Austin Hawkeyes." Charlie says, angrily munching on a croissant.

I couldn't help but laugh at Charlie as she angrily eats her food. But this was a serious matter and I needed to get to the bottom of it.

******
Charlie and I sat and ate a leftover Oreo pie I made yesterday as we wait to go to the party. 

"So, why do you hate Nate so much?" I ask with a spoonful of cake in my mouth. 

Charlie takes a bite of her croissant and continued.
"I hate him because he is the reason I don't date people anymore. He is the bane of my existence."

"Oh. But hey. You'll see again and once you're there, you can give him a good punch to the gonads. For fun." I say licking the icing off of my spoon.

"Okay. And for the record, people don't say "gonads" anymore. It's nerdy." Charlie says chuckling.

I nod and continue to eat my cake. As soon as I finish, my phone started to vibrate. It was Alex. He had texted me to tell me that the party was six blocks from here and that it starts at 8.

"Ugh! Do we have to walk all that way? I am wearing boots!" Charlie complains.

"Hey, we can call an Uber. It's not that hard." I say, opening the app.

"You know about Uber? I just thought you were one of those people who got around like on a scooter or something. " Charlie says surprised.

I look at her in annoyance and proceed to call for an Uber. For fifteen minutes,  we waited. It was a quarter to eight and my patience was running short, as well as Charlie's. 

We then heard a honk and looked outside.  The Uber driver honked in impatience and waves at us to come outside. Charlie and I look at each other in suggestion and hurriedly walked out of the diner. I locked the doors and rushed to the car. We got in and told the driver where we were heading.
The driver seemed very intense and didn't speak to us the whole ride through. Noted he was foreign and knew little English,  we got to our destination rather quickly.

We paid the man and he drove off with a screech of his tires and a cloud of exhaust. The house we arrived at was HUGE! Three stories tall and a three-car garage. Outside, there was a white Range Rover, a matte black Hummer, and yellow Lamborghini parked out front. Whoever Nate is, he's got MONEY!

The party had already started and there were kids chilling outside, drinking and smoking. Charlie and I looked at each other with skepticism and hesitantly proceeded to walk into the house.

The inside of the house was even more magnificent.  There was a beautiful spiral staircase leading to one of his many bedrooms, a large living room with a giant flat screen television and two huge speakers, a pool table, a gorgeous kitchen, and a gigantic pool! I can't even afford to put butter on my toast!

"God, this place is nice! A little too nice," Charlie says, eyeing the house.
"Come on, let's go find Alex. He's gotta be here somewhere," Charlie says, tugging me alongside her by my wrist.