Sneak Peek of Chapter 24: Improvements and Moving On

**A Few Weeks Later**

"Okay, now can you say your name?" Keona asks again.

"M-my n-n-name i-i-is B-Bl-Blake A-Au-August." She stutters, trying to get the words out.

"That's good, good job! You're improving, which is a good sign. I'll notify the doctors on your progress. I'll let you two have some time alone." Keona says before leaving us alone for a bit.

"So, it seems you're doing a lot better with your speech, according to Keke. Just a few more classes and you should be good to go, huh?" I ask, brushing a hair out of her face.

"Y-yeah a-and w-w-with a-any l-l-luck, I'll b-b-be back to m-m-my normal s-s-self." She fumbles again but with a smile.

I missed that. That smile of hers brightened my day almost every time I saw it. When I was in that coma, all I could think about was her. I heard what she said while I was away and it was burned into my brain.

"A-Al-Alex?" Blake asks me, snapping me out of my trance.

"Huh? Uh, yeah, Blake?" I say, refocusing my eye contact on her.

"D-D-D-Do you think I-I-I'll b-b-be t-t-th-the s-s-same again?" Blake asks with pitiful eyes.

I couldn't lie to her. She's my friend and the LAST thing I want to see is her getting hurt. Physically and figuratively.

"To tell you the truth, I don't know. But I want to say that it can only get better from here." I grab her hand and hold it in mine as she looks into my eyes and smiles that gorgeous smile.

I want to back off and give them space, but I can't help how I really feel. I know when Will finds out, he gonna slaughter me, but I can't hide my true feelings. 

I'm in love with Blake Penelope August. 

**End of Sneak Peek**