27: Escape

I don't know what it is, but I've had a strange feeling like something is wrong. I can't put my finger on it. I've felt like this for a while now and it's starting to bug me. But I HAVE to shake this feeling because the Fall Ball is in four days and the AV club has been working with the dance committee to make it happen. But there's a problem. Alex is still sick as a dog and his parents have been gone on a business trip for three days now. So, now my boyfriend is lying in bed all alone and I won't have a date. I gotta take care of him. It's the least I could do since he has been taking care of me in my time of need since my breakup with Will and my incident. 

Hey, speaking of that, my nerves have finally healed, so that means I can finally walk without my cane or my chairlift! Isn't that great! Oh, and speaking of things being great. The Fall Ball is coming up and everyone is getting their dresses, suits, corsages, and dates. Frankie asked me if Charlie likes turquoise. It was a weird question, but if he's trying to impress her, it's not gonna work. He said he was going to stop by later with the rest of the guys to pick out tuxes for the dance.  Guys and fashion, am I right? Anyway, all the guys on the team have been coming to me for fashion advice and what to wear because coincidently, I'm friends with all their girlfriends. But, the real fashion guru is Secret. She's been booked with all the girls coming to her for fashion tips. 

So, in about five minutes, Frankie and the rest of the Foxes are coming to my house for advice and opinions. Wish me luck!

**Five Minutes Later**

The diner door opens with the ring of a bell and the muttering of several teenaged boys. By the sounds of their quarreling, it seemed they were worried about the dance. That's my cue. I go downstairs to meet the faces of Frankie, Ethan, Grayson, Stephen, Nick, and Angel. All six guys were talking amongst themselves as I slugged to the kitchen to make myself a cup of warm tea to soothe my grogginess. No one had acknowledged me until I began to sip my tea quite loudly. My noisy slurping gathered the attention of the muttering boys. It was Frankie who spoke up and greeted me. 

"Afternoon, slowpoke!" Frankie says with a giggle. 

"Hi," I say blatantly as I continue to sip my beverage. 

"Hey," The others said in unison. 

"So, you've all come to me for advice about what to do for your dates, huh?" I ask, taking a final sip of my drink.

"Yeah, we're just so lost. You ARE our coach, after all, and I mean, does Charlie like turquoise or not?" Frankie asks, clueless.

"Well, she told me turquoise reminds her of her dad and her dad makes her nauseous, so no," I admit honestly. 

Frankie hangs his head in disappointment and pulls out his phone and looks at it, almost to make a note to himself. Frankie then turns back to me and the rest of the guys as they begin to bombard me with questions. 

"So, when you ask someone out, is it right to make a romantic gesture or no?" Angel asks me. 

"I mean, if you want them to say yes, then I'd think so," I reply. 

"So, romantic is what girls like, huh?" Nick says rubbing his chin and looking at me flirtatiously. 

"Slow down, Romeo, I'm taken." I shut Nick down immediately. 

"Okay, on to me, please. Music likes music, hence her name, so is a serenade something that I should do? Is that good? Because I really want to impress her." Stephen asks with doe eyes. 

"Yes, Stephen, Music would love that! That's a good idea! Maybe you and Will can work on a little love song for her and then perform it. Very romantic, sir." I reply tapping my chin.