30. #CoachNerd

It's graduation day. The end of our teenage lives. We're waving goodbye to our past and saying hello to our future. I prepared a speech for tonight in honor of the event and I was a little nervous. Good thing the ceremony doesn't start until six o'clock tonight, so I have plenty of time to get ready, practice my speech, and pick out my outfit, as well as squeeze in a few episodes of the Flash before my work shift starts.

My graduation outfit for tonight is going to be simple. I want to wear something cute, but sophisticated. I want to look smart, but hot at the same time, ya know? So I am wearing a sleek short red dress with black six-inch pumps, a black choker, some diamond earrings, and my glasses, of course. I just hope my cap and gown don't clash with my dress. The cap and gown is burgundy, like a dusty red. As for the makeup, it'll just be simple, except I'm doing a bold red lip instead of my normal pale pink. I decided to go with a light pale eyeshadow to go with the red lip and I'm taking a bold move and doing a cat eye. I think I might be going all out with this one. 

I haven't figured out the hair, but I think I'm gonna curl the ends and wear it down for once

I haven't figured out the hair, but I think I'm gonna curl the ends and wear it down for once. I had already gone to the hair salon to get my blonde highlights, so I'm gonna look and feel like a brand new Blake and when it all comes together, they'll be saying, "New Coach, who dis?"

Anyway, Alex called me to let me know that he was coming over to the restaurant to give me something. I don't know what it is, but I'm hoping it's food. If there is anything on the planet that a girl loves more than her man, it's food. If getting married to food was legal, I'd have a polygamous relationship with it. Oh, I'm a sad, strange little girl. 

To get ready for the day and for later on tonight, I made sure I had everything pre-stocked and organized for when the morning rush of people came in. Today of all days was National Firefighters' Day, so the fire department will most likely stumble in here. So, as he does every year, my dad added a special item to the menu in honor of the special occasion: Fireman's Flaming Hot Chili. Nothing says I love my job and the suffering of others like chili. 

The only reason I say that is because when my dad makes the chili, he uses 14 jalapenos, 2 habaneros, and 1 Carolina Reaper. In that order.  I mean it when I say it'll give you the runs. And by that, I mean, running out of the diner to run to the nearest toilet. And as all of that happens, your mouth is burning as if someone threw a Molotov in there. Ya know, one of those bottles you light on fire and toss at stuff? Yeah, that's is what the burn feels like. It's that hot. 

Okay, before I got sucked into the world that is flaming hot chili, I began to get ready for the day. I put on my work attire and quickly skipped down the steps as my dad brought out the giant soup pot and fifteen cans of chili. My dad was wearing his "I heart Chili" apron that he decides to wear every year, though I think he looks tacky.