10. Life Saver...

Previously...

Just when we were about to envelop in each other's arms, a loud crash could be heard along with yelling from downstairs.

"Oh my God! Somebody help him!" We hear someone yell.

"What was that?" Alex asks worriedly.

"I don't know, but it doesn't sound good," I reply with the same amount of worry.

Alex and I rush downstairs and we follow the sounds of panic coming from the living room. We urgently follow the noises to where a large group of people stood.

Alex and I pushed through the crowd and made it to the front. Our eyes widen as what we saw shocked us.

Someone was having a seizure in the middle of the living room.

And that someone was Will...

Now...
"What happened here?" I ask frantically.
"I don't know, he was just drinking his punch and then fell over!" A girl said worriedly.
"There must've been something in his drink," I say with guilt. "I should've warned him."

"This isn't your fault, Blake. We just have to help him." Alex says.

"You're right," I say nodding in response.

I then order everyone to back up and give Will and I some space.

"Backup! Everyone back up! Give him some room!" I command.

Everyone at the party takes a few steps back from Will and I. Alex looks on with concern. I stare at him and ask him to help me.

"Alex, push the couch away from him. We need enough space as possible. Frankie. Where's Frankie?" I ask, pointing to the couch.

"Right here, Blake. What do you want me to do?" Frankie asks quickly.

"Help Alex push the couch," I command.

The boys began pushing the couch away from us and as soon as they finished, Will began foaming at the mouth.

"Oh, my god!" Onlookers say.

"It's okay, I just have to turn him over," I reassure everyone.

"Alex, help me," I ask quietly.

As Alex nods and kneels on the floor to turn Will on his side, I strip myself of my jacket, fold it and put it underneath Will's head to cushion it.

"Why do you have to turn him over?" Alex asks.

"Do you want him to choke on his saliva and die?" I say in frustration. I wipe Will's mouth free of salvia with his jacket sleeve.

Alex is silenced and Charlie comes into the living room.

"Oh my God, Blake! What happened?!?" She asks in a panic.

"Drugged drink. Call 911!" I say, waving at her to call the paramedics.

Charlie nods, pulls out her phone, dials 911, and heads outside. My focus landed back on Will, who had stopped seizing and foam was clear from his mouth. 

"Is it over?" Alex asks shaking.

I check Will for his pulse and my finger felt a faint beat. Will's shaky breathing had stopped suddenly. My eyes widen. I immediately turn Will on his back. I tilt his head back, plug his nose and blow into his mouth.

"Will? Will! Will, wake up man!" Alex says through choked gasps.

I continue rescue breaths as Charlie enters the room again.
"The ambulance will be here shortly."

I pause quickly in between rescue breaths to ask, "How short is short?"

"Ten minutes," Charlie says, breathlessly.

"We don't have ten minutes!" Alex says panicked.

"Well, we'll need to keep him alive until then. Alex, I need you to take some initiative here." I command, checking for a pulse again.

"What? What am I supposed to do?!?" Alex asks, clearly clueless.

"Take your hands, clasp them together, place them in the center of William's chest and press down. You're gonna do that thirty  times, okay?" I say, blowing back into William's mouth.

"Okay?" Alex says unsure.

Alex then complies and does as he is told. I open William's jacket and Alex takes his hands, places them on his friend's chest, and starts chest compressions. 

"Will, please! Wake up!" Alex says while doing chest compressions. 

I notice Alex's frustration and my anxiety begins to kick in. Alex finishes the first set of compressions and I give Will two rescue breaths. I check his pulse. Nothing.

"Will? Will? Will, please...don't go." I say, through salty tears.

I reach down to give more breaths and a miracle happened. Will's gasp for air frightened Alex and I. Alex and I looked at each other in utter relief. 

"He's breathing. He's breathing!" I say joyfully while in tears.

The crowd that was watching us applauded Alex and me, even though we didn't deserve it. I look down at Will, whose eyes were barely open and he was stirring slightly. I take my hand and caress his face and hair.

"You're gonna be okay, Will. We're right here." I say in a breathless tone.

As we finally got Will breathing, the paramedics had arrived and Charlie escorted them into the living room.  They hooked Will to different machines and lifted him onto a stretcher, wheeling him out of the room. Alex, Frankie, Charlie, and I run after Will and the paramedics until we got outside to the front yard.

Alex and I make eye contact and he could see the slight panic in my eyes.

"Come here," Alex says as he engulfs me in his arms in a tight hug.

Alex pets my head and rubs my shoulders as tears of joy escaped my tear ducts. My friends and I look on as Will is put in the ambulance.

"Wait, wait! Who's gonna go with him?" I shout after the ambulance. 

"I'll go. I'm his best friend.  He needs me. I'll meet you at the hospital, okay?" Alex says, but not before kissing me quickly on the cheek.

I gasp and rub my cheek, shocked a little at the sudden gesture Alex made towards me. Charlie and Frankie snap me out of my trance and call me over to Frankie's pick-up truck. I got on the passenger side and Charlie sat in the back. 

"Follow the ambulance," I command, pointing out the window.

Frankie nods and starts the truck, making sure to follow really slow behind the emergency vehicle. Charlie leans forward, watching from the back as we safely follow Will and Alex.

God, if you're there, it's me, Blake Penelope. Please save Will. I know we haven't been on the same page lately, but bless him with all the power you have, Lord. I just pray you heal him and save his life. I beg you, please. Please save William's life. I pray to myself as we continue driving behind the ambulance.

As I finish my prayer, I began to cry. Although Will hasn't been the kindest to me, he's still a teammate and teammates never give up on each other. I may be a nerd, but I am not cruel. I wouldn't even wish death on my supposedly worst enemy. I have to learn to forgive and forget all the wrong and nasty things that Will has done to me and move on.

I didn't deserve the applause back in the house. I did the right and only thing I could do and that was being a life saver. I knew what to do and that's a skill I am so grateful for possessing.  Thank God for that.