Trust? Secrets? Hate?

Lucy was suddenly crowded by a group of people. "LUCY IS BACK!" One girl with blue hair, screeched, making Lucy laugh. Levy wrapped her arm around her arm and pulled her out of the crowd. "I can't believe your back! And just in time for the talent show!" Lucy scratched her cheek, trying to remember the event. "We're juniors, so we can finally audition for it!" She removed her arm lock from Lucy's arm. "I don't know..." Lucy sighed, "I don't got many talents." Levy leaned in with a mischievous smirk, while wiggling an eyebrow. "Some little birdie told me you played guitar." Suddenly, a red blush appeared on Lucy's cheek. But then her eyes narrowed. "Birdie my ass!" She thought back to an image of Natsu. Sighing, Lucy awkwardly smiled, looking at the ceiling, diagonally, to avoid eye contact. She scratched her cheek again, "yeah, I guess I can play. But I'm not any good. Lucy let out a sigh while her eyes closed. 😔. "I bet you're amazing! Here! Take this flyer. It has all the information it." Lucy gratefully grabbed the flyer and examined it. The auditions were being held in room 221 this Friday. That was in two days. The actual talent show will be in one week, the following Friday.

      "What's this?" Natsu peered behind Lucy, hovering over her shoulder. She glanced up at him, "uh it's s flyer for the talent show." Lucy handed him the flyer and he backed a couple inches away, so he wasn't crowding her. "Are you doing it?" Lucy sighed, "I don't know." Shrugging, she let Natsu hold onto the flyer as she walked towards her locker. "You should so do it!" Lucy twisted the combination lock to put in her numbers. "I'll think about it, Kay?" He nodded. "I'll audition too!" Lucy closed her lockers and chuckled, "with what talent?" Natsu's eyes widened, but then remembered something. "You did say I was good at the guitar."
      "But you don't even own a guitar!" Natsu smirked, "but you do." Lucy's eyes narrowed, "oh hell no! If I'm auditioning, I am auditioning for playing the guitar." She puffed out her cheeks as Natsu slid his hands in his pockets, letting out an upset dramatic sigh. "Fine..."
-
"Oh hey Lucy." Lisanna snarled with a fake smile. Lucy rolled her eyes, while placing her hand under her chin. "What do you want?" Lisanna hovered next to Lucy's desk. "Oh nothing~"
     "Then why are you here?" Lisanna was took back by this sudden hostility. She clenched her teeth, "well this is my classroom too. Your not the only one who's in this class. So stop acting like a spoiled little rich brat." Lucy's eyes widened as Lisanna angrily stomped away toward her seat.
     Natsu looked behind him, talking to someone who had entered another class. Natsu was at the entrance of the classroom, before Lucy immediately got up and ran toward the him at the doorway. She grabbed his collar, and pushed him back against a locker. His eyes widened as he saw the anger form in her eyes. Suddenly, a small tiny tear was noticeable too.

"How could you?!" She yelled through the empty halls. It echoed, however all the classroom doors were closed, so it wasn't heard. Natsu shot his arms in surrender. "What did I do?"
    "I thought I could trust you!" She tightened her grip around his collar, and then let out a sigh, slowly releasing her hands. She glared at his eyes. "How could you tell her; out of all people, why her?!" Natsu's eyes widened as Lucy turned her head toward the ground, trying to prevent him from seeing her cry. He eventually caught onto what she was talking about. Natsu was completely speechless.
     Hesitant, he slowly reached his arm out, but decided to pull it back. "Luce..." she shook her head. A sniffle was heard. Lucy started biting on her lips as her head shook widely at the ground. She quickly looked at him, "I don't know if I can trust you anymore!"
    She attempted to march off, but without realizing it, Natsu grabbed her wrist. His hair fell in front of his eyes. He stared at the ground. She turned her head around and saw an upset Natsu. Part of her felt guilty, but she quickly shook her head, trying to get that thought out. "Maybe if you tell me why...we can work this out." Natsu's eyes widened, he lifted his head and met with her eyes with hope. However, once he remembered why he did it? He released his grip and shook his head. "I don't have a good enough reason." Lucy's eyes glistened with curiosity. Her voice softened. "Just tell me..." he looked at her once more, as Lucy's eyes smiled gently. "Please...?" Natsu recognized the desperation in her voice. He couldn't not tell her. Sighing, he walked directly in front of Lucy, as they were inches apart. His hair fell across his eyes once more.
     Natsu's voice spoke softly and quiet. Lucy's eyes widened at his response. She stood there in shock. Suddenly, her fists clenched at her side as her teeth grinded. She raised her hand as it scraped across Natsu's cheek. He didn't show any sign of emotion. He knew he deserved it. He knew that's how she was gonna react. However, the words she literally cried out before leaving, dug a hole into his heart. Tears flew from the corner of her eyes as her head slightly moved side to side. Yelling, the words "I hate you!" cracked through her voice.

"I hate you!"

Natsu watched as Lucy ran out of the bulging, wiping the tears off her eyes with her sleeve. His knees wobbled as he fell on top of them. His mouth remained agape as he stared ahead of him, in which the opened door shone radiant light through.

The words repeated over and over in his mind.

"I hate you!"