Graduation

[A/N- I am sad to announce that this is the last chapter. But there will be a trilogy~]

      My knees kept shaking as we were lead to assigned seats in the auditorium.
      I looked up at Elias who was sitting to the left of me. "I'm so nervous." I chuckled.
       "Yeah me too." He smiled back at me.

~
Third POV
      Makarov approached the podium, standing on a stool. He closed his eyes and cleared his throat. "This is not just a school. This is our home. Where we are safe to cry, laugh, love, and make unforgettable connections" everyone smiled at one another. "We are Fairy Tail and this will always be our home!! You younglings will be setting out on your journey very soon and I had an honor watching you guys grow over the last couple of years." Tears started to fall down his face as he cried out, "I love you all, you stupid brats." Juvia wiped a tear out of the corner of her eye, Lucy smiled, Gray and Natsu chuckled, Elias stared in amusement, Erza was speechless, Levy started to cry happy tears and Gajeel just smirked. Makarov then put his right hand in the air, enclosing 3 of his fingers while his point finger pointed to the ceiling and his thumb out words. 👆🏻. All the Fairy Tail students followed this action.

-
Soon, the graduation ceremony started as names were being called up one by one.

Up next was none other than Natsu Dragneel, since his last name starts with the letter 'D'.

       "Natsu Dragneel!" Screams, claps, and whistles managed to survey throughout the room.
         He stood up from the chair and walked out of the row and down the aisle, and up to the stage. He grabbed his diploma from Makarov, and Makarov reached his hand out for a shake. However Natsu bent down and gave him a hug instead. "Thank you, Gramps." Makarov couldn't hold back the tears.
         "I'll miss you rugrats." Natsu stood up and gave his famous grin.
        He took his leave off stage as Makarov sniffled, holding back anymore tears. He talked into the microphone again, "Next is Sting Eucliffe."
[A/N- I am going to skip those characters]
-
       "Jellal Fernandez."
       Jellal repeated the same motion Natsu did to arrive on stage. Makarov handed him his diploma and smiled, backing away from the podium. Jellal scooched over the stool with his right foot. He stood in front of the microphone, while everyone awaited his next action. "I used to cause trouble for those around me, but ever since we were kids, there has always been this one person who believed in me every step of the way when I couldn't even believe in myself. She has been with me, supporting me, through thick and thin even though I caused her so much heartache. And for that, I can't thank her enough. Erza Scarlet, can you please come on stage?" Whispers emerged throughout the crowd as eyes peered through Erza's skin. Her eyes widened at the call of her name and her face became flushed. She stood up and slowly approached the stage. She climbed the stairs and stood a couple feet away from Jellal.
       Tears escaped her eyes as Jellal knelt to the ground and reached into his pocket, pulling out a navy blue felted box. He looked straight into her eyes as she covered her mouth while tears fell down her face. "I know I don't deserve this, but Erza Scarlet, would you do the honor of marrying me?" Erza was so speechless, she didn't know what to say. Even more whispers dispersed throughout the auditorium, while everyone ached to know her reply. She slowly nodded her head, "of course I will!" Jellal slipped the ring onto her finger. He smiled and got up, as he wrapped her arms around her back, and she wrapped her's around his neck. Cheers roared and some people clapped.
        Since this was planned, Makarov already knew that Erza would be coming up to the stage so he decided to place her diploma after Jellal's. So after congratulating them, he shook hands with Erza, handing her diploma, while Jellal waited at the bottom of the stairs for her. "It was a pleasure being apart of this school and being able to be with everyone. Thank you." She gently smiled as she took her leave down the stairs and Jellal and Erza walked back to their seats.
~
      "Gray fullbuster." Gray sighed, slowly pushing his body up from the chair with his hands, with his eyes closed. He placed his hands in his pockets and made his way to the stage. As Makarov and Gray stood in front of each other, Gray gave a smile, "thanks gramps." He grabbed his diploma and turned around. As he was about to walk off stage, he placed his right hand in the air, waving him a goodbye wave.

-
     Elias was up next. He was only here a couple of months but he felt like he was apart of the family. "Elias Hanson."
       Elias got in stage and bowed. "Thank you Mr. Dreyar." Makarov smiled.
       "You're welcome to visit any time."

-
          "Lucy Heartfilia." Some people groaned but there were mostly cheers and claps. As Lucy was about to walk up the stairs, she heard an unexpected loud noise. She turned her head to the left, looking at the audience. "THAT GIRL, YEAH SHES MINE!!!!!" Lucy mentally facepalmed herself at the sight of Natsu being the only one to stand up and yell. Everyone stared at him like he was crazy. Lucy sighed and continued her way up the stairs.
         She wanted to hug Makarov but felt that was too informal. "Thank you so much for letting me join! Being here has been one heck of a ride and I am so glad I was able to experience it all with my friends." Makarov grinned.
         "You're certainly welcome Miss. Lucy." Screw it! Lucy wrapped her arms around the principal, surprising him, but he eventually hugged back.

-
          "Juvia Locksar"
           "Yayyy it's my turn!" Juvia immediately stood up and scurried down the aisle. "I am so excited~!" She whispers to herself. Gramps hands her her diploma, and she picks him up in the air and squeezed him like on of her Gray dolls. "I love Fairy Tail too!!" She chuckled and put Makarov back down.

-
      "Levy McGarden" Levy's ears perked up at the sound of her name. Gajeel was sitting to her right. She started to panic to herself, "oh no. I'm not ready..."
     Gajeel noticed this and he looked at her, "geez shrimp calm down. You'll be fine. And when you get back, I'll be here." He grinned and she looked at him in wonder.
      "O-okay." She stood up and walked to the stage slowly as her body slightly trembled. She dared not look at the crowd. On her way up the stairs, she tripped on a step. "Oof!"
       "Levy! Are you okay?" Makarov said with concerned. She stood up on her own, "yeah...heh....I'm fine..." her face was red as hell. She sounded worn out already from what just happened. She just took the diploma and waltzed of stage, waving her right hand halfway in mid air. "Thanks..." she sighed and made her way back to her seat. Gajeel just bursted out into laughter as he held his stomach.
     She looked at him, unamused.
     "Well I'm next." He grinned.
      "Gajeel Redfox!" Gajeel stood up and gave Levy a smirk.
         He approached the stage. "Thanks little guy." Gajeel smirked while receiving his diploma. Makarov sarcastically replied, "welcome big guy." Gajeel just groaned and hopped off stage, literally. He didn't even bother using the stairs.

-
        "And that concludes our graduation ceremony for class of X791."

[A/N- That's the year when fairy tail disbanded]

[A/N/N- I don't know much about graduation ceremonies]

      Everyone cheered and threw their caps in the air. Out of excitement Lucy planted her lips on the cheek of Elias'. Once she realized what she did, she widened her eyes. "That was a mistake. I'm so sorry!"
     He laughed it off, "it's alright." Lucy ran out the aisle and came face to face with Natsu. Their bodies inches apart and smiles on their face. Natsu placed his hands around Lucy's waist and lifted her in the air, resulting in a twirl. Lucy laughed so much. "I'm so happy!" He placed her down on the ground and stared into her eyes while he smiled.
      "I'm glad."