The Kid of the New

Natsu's fingers intertwined with mine. I was literally walking on cloud 9. Okay not literally but shhhhhh!!!!

                  "Lucy?" I glanced up at him. "You're hand is sweaty." I gave him a killer glare and 'hmphed'. Releasing our hands, I pouted, crossing my arms, "fine, then. If you don't want me to hold your h-" my eyes widened when a hand removed mine from my underneath my left arm. "I never said I didn't want to." He smirked. God that smirk. I just wanna rip it off his face and ship it off to America. I can't stand being around him when he smirks like that. Because it makes me wanna kiss him even more. [A/N- just so you know...I wanted to write "because it makes....me....wanna....she leans in and plants her lips onto Natsu's." But nope. Imma torture you some more.]

-
Natsu's POV
         We sat down on her front lawn with each other, hand-in-hand, staring at the night sky. I felt something in my hand shake. I look at Lucy. She was shivering. She seemed so cold. Dang it, I don't have a jacket. I then thought of something. I removed our hands from each other, leaving a cold and empty feeling. She looked at my eyes with confusion as I used my now-free hand to pull her closer to me, rubbing her right forearm. I gave her a gentle and kind smile, "I'm sorry I don't have a jacket to give you."
        She chuckled. "Thank god." I glanced at her in confusion. She continued to explain, "I don't want to be like one of those clichè couples." Her eyes continued to stare the night sky as she smiled, "those couple's love never last." She then looked at me, keeping the smile plastered on her face. "I want ours to last. The feelings I'm feeling right now; my heart beating faster every time I think about you; the butterflies in my stomach whenever I look into those eyes of your's....I want to feel this way forever." My eyes widened at her speech.

She's so god damn perfect. And she's mine; nobody else's.

-

"Everyone this is-" before Mr. Crux could finish his sentence, Lucy stood up from her desk, slammed her hand on it, and yelled, "ELIAS??!!"

Wait? She knows this guy?

Lucy's eyes widened as she realized what she just did. She slowly sank back down into her seat in embarrassment.

~
Lucy's POV

I can't believe it's him. Why is he here? Why now?

"Hey bukiyōna." [A/N- I used google translate but I'm not sure if it's right. It's supposed to mean clumsy]. Not that nickname again. I groaned as I turned around and saw a familiar face.

He grew up to be quite handsome.

I rolled my eyes, and turned around mid-way to my lunch table. As soon as I turned around, my tray tilted forward, crashing into the chest of the new kid.

Third POV

[A/N- there's no specific reason I changed the POV, other than I accidentally started writing in 3rd POV]
"I'm so sorry!!" She panicked. "Let me get you some napkins. Stay here!" She put her hands in front of her giving him the command of staying. He glared at her running away, "woof."

Moments later, Lucy came running back, flailing the napkins in the air. She arrived in front of Elias, and panted with her hands on her knees. After a while, she straightened her back and hand Elias the napkins. "Here."

"Thanks"

~
Elias joined Lucy at her table. Her other friends gathered and greeted Elias. "So you're the new kid?" Levy asked, setting down her tray of teriyaki chicken and rice.

He nodded, "indeed I am. And who may you be?" He was always so formal, even as a kid. His family is as rich, if not, richer than Lucy's is....or was.

"I am Levy McGarden! Greatest bookworm in Magnolia!" She winked and gave a smile. Elias just smiled in response.

"And what about you?" He turned his head towards a certain redhead and formed a fist on his right hand and placed it under his chin.

"I'm Scarlet. Erza Scarlet." She closed her eyes, taking a bite out of her hamburger.

"Interesting." He removed his hand from under his chin and turned to face Lucy. "You grew up quite fine!" Lucy's eyes widened at this sudden compliment and blushed in embarrassment.

"U-um Thanks."

"Grew up?" Erza and Levy stopped eating, now intrigued.

            The two turned to their friends, as Lucy explained. "Uh yeah. Elias and I here, go way back. We actually dated 3 years ago. We were childhood friends."

Their mouths dropped. "No way!" Levy commented. Lucy just nodded in pride.

"I thought you didn't have a boyfriend before Natsu." Lucy shook her head.

"Natsu?" Elias questioned while Lucy turned her head to the right.

"Yeah, he's my boyfriend."

Elias' frown remained, "ah, I see." He then turned his head to stare at the sky to the right of him.