She's not me.

inspired by "She's not me" by Zara Larsson. 

(Y/N) POV

We broke up 5 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 2 hours, and 15 minutes ago, and I haven't been the same since. She was simply everything to me. She inspired me. She motivated me, but one day, everything started to fall apart. I never thought it would happen, by it meaning our relationship falling apart right in front of my eyes, and I couldn't do anything to save it. A sense of helplessness washed over me, but if she didn't want me, then she didn't. I couldn't persuade her otherwise. If she didn't want me, then she didn't want me. As much as it hurts to think that, even after 5 months, I didn't want her to be stuck in an unhappy relationship when there was someone else waiting for her. I just wanted her to be happy, with or without me. 

I broke up with her. I knew how she worked, and she wouldn't break up with me because she would know how much that affected me. Of course, Lauren was ever the selfless one. I broke up with her which destroyed my happiness, but it started hers. And that's okay. It's okay, but we were so happy...

flashback~

Lauren was leaning against the door of my car, and I swear, I've never seen someone look so beautiful and sexy at the same time. No sight can beat Lauren in a leather jacket, especially when that jacket was mine. When she saw that I was coming closer, she lifted her head and smiled at me. 

"Why hello there, love. You're looking mighty fine this evening," I said in a charming British accent. 

She laughed and I smiled out of instinct. She spoke, "You're such a dork." 

"Mhm, that may be true, but I'm your dork!" I winked at her. 

She playfully slapped my arm and said, "Let's go already."

I put my hands up in surrender and said, "Okay! Okay! Jeez! Aren't you bossy today?" (guys i could've used a pun there, but i didn't. Are you proud? ;)

"Just shut up, (Y/L/N)." She said with a hint of a smile on her lips. 

"Whatever you say, m'lady," I said in the same British accent and opened the door for her. 

After closing the door behind her, I went to go to the driver's seat. When I sat down, she asked in a jokingly, sarcastic tone, "Why do I even love you?" 

"Because I'm me." 

"I don't think that's a good enough reason anymore." 

"You don't love me for me?" I pretended to gasp in shock. 

"Nope!" She said while giggling. 

I took her hand and intertwined my fingers with her. They fit so perfectly. I smiled at her, and she kissed my cheek. After that, I started driving to our destination. 

~~

(flashback is still on, but it's a different period of time) 

"Hey! You're home!" I said with a smile on my face. 

"Yeah," she threw a lazy smile at me, "I just finished hanging out with Lucy." 

"Oh. I thought you had rehearsals?" I asked with a puzzled look on my face. 

"Yeah, but that ended hours ago," Lauren said and started to look for food in the fridge. 

I said this so quietly so that I knew she wouldn't hear it, "I thought we were going to hang out today after rehearsals, but you choose Lucy over me, again."