Been Waiting For This

it's been a long time since i've updated; i think more than a year? i'm so sorry, but so much has happened. my first love and heartbreak. god help me. you could say this imagine is what has been happening throughout a long period of time during my life. i'll give real dates throughout, if y'all care lmao

so, based on a very, true experience. 

also need a person to talk to :( so hmu!

August 2016~

 (Y/N) POV

A fresh start. God, I've been waiting for this. No one knows me; no one can judge me. A big school, I can make new friends, friends that will be more accepting of my sexuality. Dare I say, a real best friend? 

Late September 2016~

I met this girl, and I think my life is complete. Her name is Shannon. She gets me; I found a fellow LGBTQ+ member of society. Someone who will accept me- someone who truly won't judge me about my sexuality. I was over the moon; I never thought this would happen.  We had all the same interests. We liked the same books, movies, and we were in the same fandoms. 

She was cute and extremely funny; we became quick best friends. We made "straight" jokes all the time; it was great. She added me to this group chat called: "Carmilla" (this is not a joke, but none of this story is made up except for the names so...) Huh? What's Carmilla? Hmm. I had no clue who all these people were; I just knew that they attended the same school as me. Then Shannon said something that caught my eye.

Shannon: So, everyone that is here is LGBTQ, so what are your sexualities????

You're telling me; I can make multiple gay friends? HOLY.

Shannon: I'm GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY asf. Nah, I'm like an asexual pansexual. 

NatalynR: i'm lesbian aka vampire ;) 

Lovingmymusic: I'm bisexual, but I lean more towards guys. 

KHart- I'm pansexual!

LJaguar- I'm bisexual. 

Shannon: (Y/N)???

(Y/I/H):  I'm unsure, but I'm pretty gay, lol.  (Your Instagram Handle)

--a few days later--

"Yo, you gay turd!" I said in the direction of Shannon.

She laughed and said, "Hey, I want you to meet someone!"

"This is Lauren," Shannon said and pointed to the girl she was just talking to. 

"Hey! My name is (Y/N)! It's nice to meet you." I said and offered a small wave towards to her. 

God, why was I so awkward, and why was she so damn beautiful. Her green eyes captivated me like no other. Her raven locks fell perfectly from her head, which I saw play with a few times during this interaction. Huh, she plays with her hair too. 

"Oh! You're (Y/N)! Shannon's mentioned you a lot; she can't stop talking about you, haha." 

"Don't pretend like you never met. You guys are in that group chat. Lauren is LJaguar, and (Y/N) is (Y/I/N)." Shannon smiled. 

I sarcastically laugh, "Yeah, of course. I definitely know that." 

Lauren stifled a small laugh, and all three of us exchanged small talk for the remainder of lunch. 

When the bell rang, I couldn't help but get saddened at the thought of not talking to Lauren.

"Well, it was lovely meeting you, (Y/N)," Lauren showed her pearly whites toward me. 

"I could say the same," I rushed out before leaving for my class, which was on the other side of the school. 

September 2016~

As the days continued, I saw Lauren more and more during lunch. She started hanging out with us more and more, but with her, came her other friends. Well, to be more specific, she had this best friend called Brenda. Brenda was tolerable, but Brenda brought her friend Kathy. I couldn't fucking stand Kathy. I've never met someone so annoying; this was a new level of annoying that I've never experienced. 

Although Brenda and Kathy weren't the best, it was okay because Lauren was there. God, she's been popping in and out of my head for a few days now, and I can certainly feel myself catching feelings for her. Because of my newfound "confidence" with my fresh start and all, I started "subtly" flirting with her. 

She didn't really reciprocate the same and usually just shook it off, but I kept trying. I don't know why I kept pursuing her, but there was just something about her that I couldn't shake off. I really liked her, and I couldn't realize that she was not into me. 

So one day, I foolishly confessed to her about my feelings over a text. She kindly rejected me, which was fine. I didn't feel too bad about it because we had just met, and I knew that she didn't feel the same way. Shaking it off, I decided that it would be good just to be friends. Besides, it's not the best idea to date someone in the same friend group because what if you guys break up?

I was certain that these feelings were going to go away; after all, we just met. 

October 2016~

Homecoming was right around the corner. God, I did not know what I was going to do. Should I go? Is it really worth $30? Is it really? I knew that Brenda, Kathy, and Lauren were going, but everything was still slightly awkward with Lauren. Is it really worth it to pay 30 dollars for awkwardness with Lauren and teenagers grinding on each other? 

Besides, Shannon wasn't going, and I was closest to her. Weeks were passing by with Lauren and Brenda were trying to convince Shannon and me to go to homecoming. I knew that there was no way on earth that I was going to go if Shannon wouldn't. 

It was now only 3 days until homecoming, and the relentless pleading to go to homecoming from Brenda and Lauren became even stronger. Until finally, Shannon gave in and said: "Fine! Just shut up! I'll go." 

With the cutest smile on her lips, Lauren said, "I'm glad you made the right choice, smol bean" 

"Whatever," Channon grumbled. 

"Now it's just you," Lauren spoke with Brenda nodding in agreement. 

Now, I was the only one in our friend group that wasn't going. Hell, no am I going to be left out of this experience, so I thought, "Fuck it." 

"Fine. I guess I'll go," I muttered unhappily.

"Aww, don't be such a grump! We'll have an amazing time," Brenna interjected. 

I looked at Channon and said, "We have to buy tickets soon."

Now it's Friday afternoon, and homecoming was tomorrow. Our group made a group chat on iMessage, and I finally got Lauren's number. Yeah, I know. Pathetic, but I had only really talked to her on Instagram before. There was just something about her that I couldn't get over her at the beginning, but I am so over it now. Just artificial feelings. 

I don't like her. 

At around 3 o' clock, I came home. I sent a quick message to Camila, my internet best friend, asking if she wanted to get on and play some video games with me, but she hadn't responded. 

While poking around on my phone, I saw a notification pop down from Lauren. 

Opening the snapchat, I was instantly met with a picture of her face with the sun hitting harshly on her. It read, "Does anyone want to keep me company at the homecoming game?"

there's going to be a lot more parts.

how do you get over someone without cutting off ties with them?

also, message me guys!! I want to talk!!