Imagine #1 (Returning)

It's been 2 months since you gave birth to your daughter, Gabriella. The birth father left right as he found out you were pregnant. Luckily the squad has been looking out for you, especially Carisi. It made you wonder why he felt so compelled to help you out during the whole 9 months, even when Gabriella was born he still stuck around to help. It really meant a lot. You originally wanted to get a sitter and go straight back to work but Sonny convinced you to take some time off for a while.

"Okay Madeline I'll see you when I get back, please take good care of Gabriella for me." You yelled out before leaving your apartment.

You were worried about going back to work, things would be different now that you have a child at home. Seeing all these terrible things happen to children hit you harder than ever now.

No one knew you were coming back today except for Olivia. You wanted to surprise everyone. You've only really seen Sonny since you gave birth, everyone's always super busy but somehow he always made time to see you.

You walked through the door and went straight to your desk, no one noticed at first until Sonny came out of the break room and saw you.

"(Y/N) you're back! Why didn't you give me a heads up? I would've brotten in cannolis to celebrate!" He said while giving you a big hug

"I don't know, I wanted to surprise everyone." You said while laughing

He called over Amanda and Fin who were super excited to see you. Amanda could not stop asking about Gabbie and insisted that she was coming over soon to see her. I mean you acted the same way when she had Jesse. Fin kept making jokes about some of the baby weight you gained.

"Aye Fin, she still looks damn good to me." Sonny said while looking you up and down

"Aw Sonny you don't need to lie to me anymore, the mood swings are over now."

"(Y/N) he ain't lying you look amazing for just having a baby. I wish I looked that good after I had Jesse." Amanda said while patting your shoulder.

"Also, (Y/N) could you come with me to the break room, I need your advice on some private stuff"

You walked to the break room with Amanda and waited to see what she wanted to talk about.

"So are you and Carisi, y'know like a thing?" Amanda asked.

"What? No, what would make you think that?"

"Well he cannot stop talking about you and you two seem pretty close, I mean he's been visiting you a lot recently too. It's okay if you are, I promise I won't tell anyone, especially Liv."

"No we are not dating I swear, he just really wants to help me out."

"Hm sounds like a crush to me. It all makes sense now." Amanda said while walking out.

You were left there shocked.

"How could he have a crush on me?" you thought to yourself

"There are way better girls out there and he chose me. Why? He's probably just being nice." You thought again and tried to brush it out of your mind.

-----------------------TIME SKIP TO LATER THAT NIGHT-------------------------------------------------------

You were about to walk out and go home when Sonny stopped you. This time you were nervous to speak with him, you got butterflies and could feel yourself blushing.

"(Y/N) let me come over tonight and make you dinner. You've been so busy with Gabbie and all that. You gotta have a break every now and then."

"Ah that's sweet Sonny but you really don't have to, I'll be fine."

"No I can't let you go home by yourself. I'm coming over and making you your favorite meal."

"Fine but first I wanna ask you something....do you have a crush on me?"

You started to become anxious. What if he said no? You'll look like a fool! How would you be able to face him again? But...what if he said yes, would this start a relationship? Are you even ready for one? You began to panic a little.

"Ah you know what just forget I asked anything." You said quickly while trying to walk to the elevator.

"(Y/N) wait!" Sonny said while grabbing your arm

"I do have a crush on you and I have since the moment I was transferred here." He said while looking down

You smiled and blushed immensely.

"Why though?" You asked him while holding his hand

"Well there are a lot of reasons of why I like you..but the reasons I love you are because you're so beautiful, intelligent, and you always want to help people. You're so selfless and I admire that the most about you. You never give up on cases and you fight till the end to bring justice to the victims."

Tears started to fill up your eyes and fall down your face.

"(Y/N) I'm so sorry if I upset you I jus-"

"No, no It's okay, these are good tears." You said, cutting him off

"I haven't had someone who's treated me as nice as you have for a while now. I was always used and never really loved or appreciated."

Sonny pulled you in for a hug and kissed your cheek

"I will always be here for you and treat you right. You deserve it. Now let's go home and get that meal going." Sonny said while smiling and walking you to the elevator.