Imagine 17 (Family)

This imagine was requested by @myheadisinvaded ! Enjoy!

You and Sonny had decided to go to his family's house for Thanksgiving. You were nervous since you'd never met them before but Sonny constantly reminded you that things would be fine.

"How many people are gonna be there?" You asked Sonny nervously.

"Hm..maybe about 10 or more."

"Seriously?!?" You said back in shock.

Your family was pretty small, even with cousins. You began to feel even more nervous as time went on.

Sonny could tell you were freaking out about this and tried to calm you down a bit.

"Don't worry (Y/N), you'll be fine."

"What if I say something stupid though?" You asked Sonny.

"You can play what ifs all day (Y/N). It's only gonna make things worse. Besides, they probably wouldn't even care to begin with."

"I love you sonnshine."

"I love you too doll."

You tried to stop worrying and overthinking. Eventually, you managed to fall asleep and before you knew it, you were at his family's house.

'There's so many cars' You thought to yourself.

You fixed your hair and clothes before you walked into the house.

You smiled as Sonny's mom came over to meet you.

"Oh my goodness! You're even more beautiful in person! I've heard so many great things about you!" She said before hugging you.

"Everyone else is out in the living room." She said again while motioning for you to follow her.

You reluctantly followed and held tightly onto Sonny's hand.

When you walked into the living room, everyone immediately looked at you.

You felt your face get red and hot as Sonny began to introduce you.

"Hey everyone, this is my amazing (bf/gf) (Y/N)."

Everyone in the room awed and gave a little round of applause for you.

A couple minutes later, one of Sonny's sisters came up and introduced herself to you. She looked about 14 or 15 and had shoulder length, dirty blonde hair. It was almost like seeing a younger, female version of Sonny.

"Hi, I'm Cynthia. It's nice to meet you." She said before smiling.

-------------------------1 hour time skip----------------------------------

Everyone was sitting at the dinner table, eating and conversing. You were sat near Sonny, Cynthia and some of their nieces. Everything was going smoothly until Cynthia spoke.

"Sonnshine, can you pass the potatoes to me please?" She said loud enough for the whole room to hear.

Sonny looked over at you with an embarrassed expression.

"What did you just call him?" One of his nieces asked.

"Sonnshine! It's (Y/N)'s nickname for Sonny. Don't you think it's cute?" She asked playfully.

You heard a few giggles and blushed.

The rest of dinner went fine and you continued to socialize with the rest of Sonny's family.

"(Y/N), can you come to my room with me real quick? I have something I wanna show you." Cynthia asked.

You looked nervously over at Sonny to see what he would say. He nodded his head and motioned for you to go and follow her.

You followed Cynthia up to her room waited to see what she wanted.

"So what did you wanna show me?" You asked.

"This." She said while holding up a scrapbook.

You looked confused for a minute until she explained.

"Look at this!" She said while pointing to a photo in the book.

It was a couple of baby and toddler photos of Sonny. You smiled as you looked more and more through the book.

"Look at your sonnshine." She said quietly.

"Yeah.." You said shyly.

"(Y/N), it's a cute nickname and I'm sorry for blurting it out and embarrassing you guys earlier." She said sheepishly.

"Oh, don't worry about it. Not a big deal."

Cynthia smiled before letting out a sigh.

"You know..you two are so adorable together. I wish I could have a relationship like that."

"Aw Cyn, you'll find someone I promise but you shouldn't be worried about relationships at your age. There's so many more important things to focus on right now." You said back.

Cynthia came over and gave you a hug.

"I can't wait till you guys get married."

"Me too."