Imagine 26 - Wedding Date

Your friend Sonny had asked you to come to a wedding with him and be his date. He told you that his family had been getting on his case recently about not being in a relationship so he lied and said he was dating you. Out of all the people he could've picked, you were shocked that he chose you. You didn't want to overthink the situation and make it out to be something it wasn't. You happily agreed and began getting ready.

You heard a knock on the door as you finished getting ready. For some reason you were nervous and had butterflies in your stomach. Why though? He's your best friend. Not some total stranger.

"Oh...hey (Y/N)...you look...just wow." He said before trailing off.

"Thanks...you look pretty suave yourself." You said before blushing a bit.

The whole situation felt a bit awkward. Almost like you were two teens about to go to prom.

You noticed that he couldn't stop staring at you during the car ride.

"Take a photo. It lasts longer." You said jokingly.

"Well if you say so." He said before pulling out his phone.

You did some cute & goofy poses as he snapped a few photos.

"You're a natural model (Y/N)."

"Oh shut up." You said before lightly punching his arm.

When you got to the wedding, you decided to confide in Sonny and admit how nervous you really were.

"Sonny, I'm not gonna lie...I'm pretty nervous."

"Oh trust me you're not the only one. I am too." He said before letting out a nervous laugh.

Soon enough you were greeted by Sonny's parents. You had always listened to his stories about his parents but never got to formally meet them until now.

"It's so nice to finally meet you (Y/N). We've heard so much about you." His mother said excitedly.

"He never shuts up about you." His father chimed in.

You couldn't help but blush and smile.

"So you talk about me a lot huh?"

"Ahh you know how parents love to over exaggerate things." He said awkwardly.

'We're they over exaggerating though?' You thought to yourself.

You two continued on with just talking until one of Sonny's sisters came up and introduced herself.

"Oh my god (Y/N)!!" She squealed.

"H-hi." You said as you were squished in a hug.

"It's so nice to finally see you in person! I'm Annabelle by the way."

"Where else have you seen me?"

"Sonny shows us pictures of you all the time! He never stops gushing over you."

"But between us, you're totally out of his league." She jokingly whispered.

When you looked over at Sonny, his face was red like a tomato.

"Aw Sonny, you're blushing!" You teased.

"You're not helping (Y/N)."

The whole night you couldn't shake the feeling that maybe this was more than just a friend helping a friend out. You felt closer to him than you normally did. Could you have possibly been catching feelings?

You tried ignore what your mind was telling you but eventually you gave in.

"Sonny...I have something to ask you."

"Sure doll, what's up?"

You felt your heart flutter immediately after he called you "doll". He only called people he genuinely liked "doll".

"This might make me sound like I'm a crazy person but have you felt a connection between us tonight? Like a romantic connection.."

"Definitely."

"Really?" You asked surprised.

"Of course. I've always felt something romantic between us but I never wanted to jeopardize our friendship by fully acting on it."

"I mean this whole wedding date thing was just a ploy to get you to go out on some form of date with me without directly saying it.." He admitted nervously.

"Well you're lucky I feel the same way you doofus." You said before lightly pushing him.

You two stared into each other's eyes for a moment before slowly going in for a kiss.

"Thank you for tonight." He said while holding your hands.

"You're welcome. Let's do it again sometime." You said before kissing his cheek.