1998 (part 1)

Third person perspective

It had been about a week since Jin had transferred into Bangtan Elementary. He was six years old and a first year. Jin never was all that great at making friends even at his old school, it was mainly because he was too shy to talk others.

It was lunch time and everyone had already finished eating and was now playing. Jin was swinging high on a swing when something caught his eye. He saw someone playing his favorite game. Jin slowly brought the swing to a stop before running over to him.

As Jin got closer he was able to recognise the boy as Kim Namjoon. Namjoon appeared to be struggling and when Jin took a look closer at the screen he could tell why. Mario wasn't a hard game but occasionally levels could be tricky and this was one of his least favorites. "You have to go around here first" Jin said pointing to a hidden space on the side of a ledge. Namjoon did as told and not long after beat the round.

Namjoon looked up to thank the one who had helped him. "Thank you Seokjin" namjoon said as he looked up at Jin "do you like this game?" "Yea its my favorite" Jin said a big smile on his face. "I like it a lot too" Namjoon said looking down at his game screen. The bell rang causing many kids to groan in dismay. "Hey do you wanna come to my house and see my Mario collection" Jin said not wanting to let the one person he talked to to get away. "Yea but i gotta ask my mom first" namjoon said getting up from his seat and heading back into the school.

Namjoon ran home after school to ask his mom if he could go to Jin's house while Jin stayed at the school gate waiting for him. Namjoon didn't live too far from school so it only took him about ten minutes to get back to the school after his mom told him yes. Namjoon was out of breath when he arrived back at the school saying "Seokjin she said yes" between deep breaths.

"That's great" Jin said walking over to the breathless namjoon now sitting on the floor in front of him, "also just call me Jin."

Jin and namjoon arrived at Jin's house after walking for only about five minutes. They walked in together surprising Jin's mother as it was unusual for Jin to have friends over. "Who's he" Jin's mom said from the couch. "Oh he's my new friend Namjoon." "Oh ok have fun then" she said going back to the drama on the TV screen.

"Lets go" Jin said grabbing hold of Namjoon's hand and pulling him up the stairs. Jin's room was decorated in a pink and Mario theme. Namjoon's eyes lit up as he walking in the room, it was perfect and spotless. Jin sat down on his bed after starting up his PS.

Jin and namjoon played together for a couple hours before namjoon noticed that the sun was about to go down. "I gotta go my mom told me to be home before sun down" he said. "Oh, ok I'll see you tomorrow at school" Jin said walking him to the door. Namjoon waved goodbye as he headed home. Jin waved as well before closing the door and heading back inside