Chapter 16 : "gUiLt"

He saw me. I panicked and looked down.

        “You... Aren’t you Lily?”

        I cursed. What do I do? What do I do??

        I looked up and saw him in clear view, “You must be mistaken, I have never seen you before.” I answered him politely hoping he’ll think he’s mistaken.

        He’s pretty tan, with a sharp nose and slightly amber-brownish hair, he’s wearing a gray striped polo with a gray blazer and dark gray slacks plus a silver necktie... Was he always this handsome??

        “Really? I’m sure I’m not mistaken though...” He paused, then looked into my eye and seem to understand my situation.

        He smiled then said “Sorry, It seems like I was mistaken.” I gave a sigh of relief, he sat beside JB dude and they started talking about various projects.

        After about 5 minutes, there was a tensed silence, they probably ran out of topics to discuss.

        William first broke the silence, “Hey sir Ciel, You haven’t introduced to me your girl there?”

        This GUY!! If I ever went back to being Lily Rain, remind me to smack him!

        “Her? Oh, pardon me, She’s my secretary, Aries.”

        I gave him a weak smile and he seems to see through me. He knows.

        “Aries huh? Where do you live?”

        “Uhh... province, a bit... far from here..”

        “Age?”

        “20”

        “Birthday?”

        Is he trying to exposed me?? Why is he asking so many questions?

        “July... 24...2000” I said in a weak voice.

        “hmmm... That’s 2 day from now.”  

        I flinched. 2 days?? Really?? What date is it??

He studied me then said “You’re not even sure of your birthday?” He snickered.

        I LILY RAIN, made the right choice of not marrying this guy!

        JB dude, as if seeing my uneasiness, spoke “She’s pretty shy around strangers, please don’t bully my secretary.”

        I stared at him and gave a THANK-YOU look. JB dude you’re my savior!!

        William looks a bit taken a back, then showed a sly smile.

        “Okay. Okay. I won’t bully her anymore.” He stood and was about to live when he said “Sir Ciel”

        JB dude turned to him “Yes?”

        “The RAIN INDUSTRY” He emphasized it, “is going to have the grand opening for their amusement park this weekend.” He paused then turned to me “There are rumors saying that Danny built that project as a gift for his daughter on their Wedding day.”

        JB dude stared at him, as if to say “so? What’s it to me”

        I clenched and glared at him.

        He saw my expression and laughed, “Just want to let you know, you’re

 invited, you can come if you want.” He added.

        I don’t know if the last part was meant for me or JB dude, but inside my heart, I’m starting to feel a little guilty for daddy.

        JB dude looks normal, but I for one knows he must be considering what William said.

        The speaker sounded off saying that the show was about to begin and that everyone should take their sits.

        “Sir, please excuse me, I have to go to the restroom.” I say standing up.

        “Aries”

        “Yes?”

        He turned to me then said “Don’t you have make-up phobia? Why are you wearing one now?”

        Darn, he remembered that??

        “Aries...” He continued with a soft voice “Your full of mysteries you know that?”

        Inside I felt guilty. Guilty towards Ciel.

The hotel is starting to dim, the LCD projector is now on... Everybody have taken their seats, It’s a good thing we’re at the back so I didn’t really block anybody’s view while standing but... JB dude, Ciel, his eyes that ones were really scary now seemed really confused.

        Sorry, was the only thing I thought.

        ---End of 16th Party---