Chapter 26 : "tRuE LoVe"

The next day, Grace appeared on TV again. Why always her? Weird. Anyway, everything that happened on the wedding appeared on TV. Ira’s busting, William leaving me, Dad’s scolding, Sir Wilson’s argue, fainting people, fighting scene, William and Ira hugging, Ciel’s proposal...

        Oh dear. I can feel my face blush. I looked at the mirror and...OMG I’m so red! I can still remember that weird wedding, my supposed-to-be-husband left me and went with another girl, then my crush-slash-guy-who-supposedly-dumped-me PROPOSED!!! Weird, WEIRDEST WEDDING EVER!! Not to mention Ira, my friend is actually William’s GIRLFRIEND and the daughter of the MAFIA!! No wonder her dad’s got so many apprentices, no wonder she was good at fighting and no wonder she didn’t want me to see their house, it’s probably full of weapons and such. What a small world.

        Back to the current situation

        Dad completely approves of our wedding, he even made arrangements on retiring after I get married and give Ciel the whole company! Reckless? Yeah, I know. Dad has always wanted to go on vacation. And now that I’m married and Ciel is the supposedly-big-legend-in-the-business-world, he said he’s got no worries on giving the company to Ciel.

        Mom on the other hand doesn’t agree. Why? PRIDE!! Because if she agrees then all the things she’s been doing so far are all bullshit! She’s worried that her precious PRIDE will get stomped down. She’s so stubborn and wouldn’t give us her blessing, even if she knows that Ciel will do the company good.

        Anyway! Dad said to neglect her and proceed with the wedding but Ciel refused, he said he wants to receive both parent’s acknowledgement before marrying me. Yup! Very admirable!

        So here we are...Sitting on our garden bench with an awkward silence. Ever since that huge fight back in Hamphire mansion we haven’t really talk to each other. *sigh* I wonder what’s he thinking?

        “You must be disappointed.” He said breaking the silence.

        Eh? Disappointed? Why?

        He turned to me then looked at the sky “You must be thinking I’m so old fashion to want both your parent’s approval before marrying you.”

        “No! Of course not!" Why would he think that? I thought. "In fact...it’s... How do I say this?” I stuttered and finally said “Touching?”

        “Really?! That’s touching?” He asked with eyebrows up.

        “Yeah, I mean... I don’t know... It’s just touching.” I fidget then said “Caring? I mean most guys would probably ignore my mom and... hurry... Even if she's a big *beep*, she's still my mom. I want her to approve our relationship too.” I thought for awhile then made a decision “I don’t like impatient guys.”

        He smiled “I guess I did the right thing then.” He looked and stared at me... there was an awkward silence...AGAIN! I looked down.

        Why is he STARING?! If he keeps doing that... I’ll MELT!! DON'T STARE!! DON’T STARE!! DON’T STARE!! DON'T...

        “I like you”

        HE?! I BLUSH BIG TIME!! Why is he always so sly?!

        “uhm...” I stuttered “I don’t know what to say to that...” I said then looked away as he moved closer, put his head on my lap and closed his eyes.

        “Hey! You can’t sleep here!”

        “Why?” He said and opened his black eyes “Why can’t I sleep in my FIANCE’S lap?” He emphasized the word FIANCE too much that I blushed.

        He chuckled “I love you, Lily” He whispered as he pulled my head closer to him and kissed my cheek.

        Seriously speaking, I’m not satisfied!! Why cheek?!?!

        “Don’t be so depress” He snickered as if reading my thoughts...Wait! He’s psychic! Of course he’s reading my thoughts!! Stupid JB...

        He pulled my head closer and kissed me again, this time, lips.

        “There!” He said with a big smile on his face.

        My face turned into a tomato...LITERALLY!!

        He laughed at my expression then slowly closed his eyes and went to sleep. I realized he was holding my hand by the way. He must be tired with all that interview.

        I stared at his sleeping face for a long long LONG time, playing his hair between my fingers and caressing his face. I still can’t believe all of this is true, just days ago I was arranged to be married with someone I don’t love. Now, here I am, engaged to JB dude. The very thought of it makes me excited. I felt the tingle in my spine as I imagine what our life is gonna be.

       "True love does exist." I say to myself "I was right to believe in that."

I smiled and put myself to sleep.

---End of 26th party---