Chapter 24 : "sHOcKinG nEWs"

Ira who was so concentrated on eating didn’t hear the TV.

        “What’s wrong?” She asked with tomato sauce all over her mouth.

        “Eh? Ah. No, it’s nothing.”

        Ira went back to eating and ordered some mango pudding for dessert. After that we went shopping again but Ira realised I was too preoccupied and decided to call it a day. We went back to her place and went straight to her room, for some odd reason Ira doesn’t want me seeing any part of the house except for her room. Don’t know why.

        We watched TV for awhile but I can’t keep that news out of my head so I decided to head back.

        “Ira, Thanks for everything, but I think I should be going now.”

        “So soon? Why?” She asked surprised

        “I don’t want to trouble you. And besides, I have to settle this soon.” When I mean “this” it refers to the whole wedding thingy.

        She looked sad but eventually agreed. She escorted me back to the elevator and down to their huge lobby.

        “Where do you live? Do you want me to take you back?”

        “No, it’s fine. Thanks”

        “Okay” she hugged me and we said our goodbyes

        I walked my way to the park, and took a taxi from there. I arrived at the doorstep of my home 30 minutes later. And I think I’m starting to change my mind, things like “I’m sure mom will not let me escaped again if I go in now”, “There’s no way I’m getting out of here alive” or “Sasha will probably scold me for coming back here after running away” came popping on my head.

        I entered in the back door and tip-toed my way to Sasha’s headquarters.

        “Sasha!” I whispered while knocking her door

        No answer.

“Sasha! Let me in! Hurry!” I said knocking a little more loudly.

“She’s not there.”

Her voice surprised me. It was Charlene, Sasha’s friend and one of my other bodyguards. She’s second only to Sasha when it comes to fighting and bodyguard duties. And I guess you could say she’s Sasha’s substitute.

“Where is she?”

“She’s in the room in the attic” She said while looking down “Madame was pretty angry with her, she helped you runaway twice after all.”

Oh no. What did I got Sasha into?

I thanked Charlene and ran my way to the attic. I kicked my way in. LITERALLY. I don’t care what mom says. Nobody messes with my PB.

“Sasha! Are you okay?”

“Lily?!” She stared at me, couldn’t believe I was right in front of her, her face lightened up but quickly morphed into an angry face, then shouted “Why the hell did you come back?!”

“I can’t possibly leave you here, and I saw the TV” I say while pointing to the small TV in the attic. “What’s the meaning of that?”

She sighed. “Just like you heard, your dad and William dad’s planned it all.” She shook her head then said “It seems that your mom told Sir Danny that you’re madly in-love with Sir William and that you would appreciate it if the wedding would happen sooner.”