Chapter 22 : "sOMeoNe LikE mE"

“Mommy, mommy...” says a child holding a lollipop.

“Kid, Like I said, I’m not your mommy.” I answered gently.

As you can see, I’m out of the house. Woohoo! Problem now is, I have nowhere to go. *sad face* Thing is, I got influenced by William and ran out without a plan... Which is my BIG mistake. Now I don’t know what to do. *sigh*

“Mommy!!!”

This kid has been following me for a while now. I’m not really doing anything so I guess I should bring it to the police station.

The street is pretty packed today, I guess that’s expected since it’s Saturday, not to mention 9 in the morning. Well, I don’t really mind, since the crowd will camouflage me from my mom.

“Come on kid. Big sister will bring you to the police station.”

The kid silently went with me. After a couple of minutes...I got Lost. Seriously, why is the police station so hard to find? I sat on the nearby bench and stared at the horizons.

This feeling is like from that time that I ran away from home. That day, approximately 15 days ago. The day I got hired at Hamphire mansion, the day I got reunited with nanny Rose and the day that started it all.

Clouds are beginning to gather above my head and blocked the sun on my face. I looked down thinking what JB dude is doing. He’s probably signing some document in his office again or sleeping with the window open or being a slave driver or...

I didn’t realize that tears are beginning to flow. It’s so lonely. I like him. Why did he have to send me away? Why?

“Mommy, mommy, why are you crying? Does your tummy ache? Do you want my candy?”

I kept on crying face down. Why won’t these tears stop? We can never be together. I may have avoided it today but sooner or later, eventually I’ll have to marry William.

Speaking of which? Where is he? That stupid William is on my side right?

Nevermind.

I asked for directions from some people and after 30 minutes found my way to the station.

“Kid, Listen here, I’m not your mommy, but I’m sure she’ll be here soon, so just wait for her with brother police here. okay?”

“Okay. Where is mommy going?”

I smiled “Sister is going to make things right.”

I left the child and went strolling around the park. There I found some bullies ganging on a nerd. How do I know? Duh? Only nerds wear suspenders and have clean cuts, not to mention a thick black framed eyeglasses.

 I was about to run and help the kid. When a girl with straight long blond hair told them off. The girl was pretty scary, seeing from the look on the bullies. She’s wearing a white Chloe blazer on top of a pink sequined one piece skirt and Jimmy choo emerald stiletto heels. With her laid back hair and slightly pointy eyes...she slightly looks like a gangster...a PRETTY gangster.