Jack!

Chapter 23
Mark's POV

"JACK!" I yelled as I started to fly faster towards him, trying to catch him before he hit the ground.

"Jack!" I heard Cry and Felix yell.

I was within arms reach, I grabbed his hand and pulled him to my chest. My breathing was heavy and fear was the only thing I was feeling right now.

I lowered us to the ground. Keeping Jack in my arms. He was mumbling.

"STOP!" He shot up and trying to wiggle out of my grasp.

"Jack. Jack! Calm down. Listen to the sound of my voice. Everything is going to be okay."

"It hurts..." he said nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck crying. His breath hot on my skin.

"What hurts?"

He screamed and gripped his shirt.

"I.. feel... I feel like I... can't breath..." He was panting and trying to find air. "I need to go..."

"No." I said holding on to him.

"I need space! It's to crowded!" He fell out of my grasp and onto the ground.

"Jack look at me."

His eyes were a gray, not his beautiful baby blues. He was shaking and crying.

"Listen to me. I want you to count your breaths. I want you to point out five things you can see. I want you to focus on one sound." I said softly cupping his cheek.

He tore his head away from my hand. I felt sadness in my heart. He started to count his breaths.

"Good... Now point five things you see."

"I-I see you, a house, tree, grass, uh your wings, and that trash can..." he mumbled.

"You're doing great. Now focus on one sound you hear."

"Your voice... it's soothing." He mumbled.

I felt a small smile tug on my lips. God I want to kiss him right now.

Jack's POV

I still sat on the ground, now calm. My brain still at war.

'See he does care.'

'He's lying, he needs jack for his plan.'

'You don't know that!'

'He doesn't give two shits about Jack.'

"Stop!" I yelled grabbing my head and curling into a ball.

"What's wrong?" Mark asked quickly.

"I want them to go away." I mumbled.

"Want what to go away."

"These thoughts, they are fighting in my head and I can't stop it."I said crying.

Felix and Cry finally caught up to me and sat down next me.

"We are good Mark. You can go now."

"No. I'm staying."

'He loves you.'

'No. He. Doesn't.'

"Please make it stop..."

Mark pulled me into a embrace,
"It's okay." He said softly.

I wiggled out of his grip. He frowned.

"Please just let me hold you." He said sadly.

"I don't- I-" I froze.

'Say it.'

'No. You'll regret it."

'You don't love him.'

'Yes you do. Say what you want to say.'

"I can't. I can't deal with these voices Mark. Please help me get rid of them..."

"You need to make a decision."

"I don't know what I want."

To be continued...