◆ Chapter - 4 ◆

Till this day, everything went well with my life. But I never knew that after this, my fate had some creepy things planned for me!

2 months later :

It's Valentino's birthday today. So I, Ruby and Anna have planned presents for him.
We gave him a surprise and he was really elated and it could clearly be seen on his face. The other boys of our class continued to make fun of him. But by now, he got used to it.
Since we 4 were good friends then, Anna had come out of her shyness and hesitation to converse with Valentino too.

That day, after the school, Valentino had invited all the 3 of us for his birthday party.
Anna had a kind of 'yes' on her face and Ruby was waiting for me to answer.
My answer was "no!" because my mom had to see my Aunt in the next town, as she wasn't well and dad had to do some overtime.
So it is probably me who has to look after Jessy, this night.
"So you guys go ahead!"
"Moreover my mum would be waiting for me to get back home, so that she can start. I'll have to leave ya, I'm sorry."

Ruby - "I'm coming back with you Elsa."
Me - "No Ruby, that's okay! I won't mind."

"Shut up okay, your parents aren't gonna be at home and I can't leave just you and Jessy all alone. "

"Actually, even I needed your company badly Ruby", I thought to myself.
Just then I noticed a missing smile on Anna's face and she told,
"I'm not going too, if none of you are accompanying me!"

I somehow convinced Ruby to go with Anna, by telling I'd give her a call whenever needed, even though I honestly dint want her to go. But I had to do that because I didn't wanna upset Anna.

Finally, I told them "Have fun guys. And do send me pics."
Ruby still had 'I don't wanna go' kind of look.
I started back home.

As soon as I reached, I saw that mom was ready to leave and was waiting for me. She hugged me and Jessy and asked us to take care, as it was the first time that we were gonna stay without our parents at home, and that too at night! Oh god!

I played with Jessy for quite sometime and then, got a call from Ruby asking me if everything was okay. I told her that mom had left sometime back and that Jessy was busy playing.
I then went into my room to do some homework, after I asked Jessy to play in my room.

Few hours passed and then, I brought Jessy into the hall and we were having dinner while watching her favourite cartoon. Now, looking at her cartoon having Jessy's favourite classy ice-cream, she wanted to have too.
Unfortunately, it was all done in our refrigerator.

"I'm sorry baby. I'll get you many right the next morning", I told her.

But she began to cry.

A tear from Jessy's eye was enough to stop my heart. I then decided that whatever might happen, I'm not going to let a single tear roll down her cheek.

But what could I do ? After all I can't leave her at home all alone and couldn't even take her along with me, as we had to walk for atleast a mile.
I tried convincing her but all my efforts were futile. She's a kid after all, and wouldn't understand even if I told her the consequences of leaving her all alone.

I somehow gathered all my guts to go to the ice cream parlor and told her,
"But Jessy you'll have to be alert and brave. Give a call to our neighbours in case you find something odd."

She nodded and jumped with happiness.