Chapter - 35

"But where's this Diva Island? And when have they shifted to the Royal Mansion?" I asked.

"Diva Islands is the former name of Hamsters Street. It's the same Mansion which they had lived in", she answered.

"And who's the one who killed her sons then?"

"It's me, who killed! A G N E S D U K E S ", She answered and looked at me with her twisted neck and her eyes were pitch black.
That expression of her's was too horrific.

I got up from the chair and began running.
When I turned behind to see if she was following, I could see her limping and both her ankles were twisted.
Her hair completely covered her face.

I kept running for my life, not daring to look behind ever again.

Finally I reached home and saw Jessy and Taylor dancing, along with mom.

"Hey honey, come join us", mom said.

"No mom. I need some rest. You all carry on", I replied.

Taylor followed me.
"Elsa, what happened?" he asked.

I just didn't know how to react.
No doubt I wanted to share everything with him, but at the same time, was guilty that I had gone alone, in spite of Taylor's warnings.

However, I told him everything about that old lady, rather, Agnes Dukes.
He laughed at once and asked me,"Elsa, don't you think this is too much now? She told that she's Agnes and you believed her without a moment to think?"

"No Taylor. Not just that she told, but I noticed freaking changes in her.
Her ankles were completely twisted and she was limping.
Her neck was twisted and her eyes were scary too."

"Okay. If she was a spirit, then why didn't anyone in the cafe notice such changes and freak out?"

"I don't know. May be I could alone see her."

"Fine. Anyways, leave it and relax for now Elsa. Don't worry for her. She just can't do anything to my sister till I'm alive. So chill."

I was a bit relieved by his words.
"I'm very lucky to have Taylor as my brother", I told myself.

I didn't feel like taking any break from getting to know the start point of this never ending mystery and so, took out the newspapers and started my survey.

One of them read,
"Finally the murderer is out! Shantanu Russels, who was the world's best chef when he was alive turned to be the murderer of the Princes."

"What? Oh god! Another shock? Shantanu and what's his surname? Shantanu Russells? But how? Moreover he killed the Princes after he died? That means he was dead too and that old lady told me that she killed her sons."
I was in the 100th level of curiosity.

"Elsa, we're going to Aunt Jones' house, tonight. Get ready. There's a party", mum told me.

"No mom. Please. I can't come. I have real pain in my hand", I told.

"Aww poor thing. Fine, take care baby."

"Okay mom. Better you all take a spare key. I wanna rest."

"Okay. No worries. Have your dinner and sleep."

I actually wanted to stay back at home, so that I could resume my research.

"Oh god! Elsa! Wait.. Are you an idiot? Party at who's place? Aunt Jones? Oh no! I must hurry up. I need to go!" I told myself.

*********************

Author's Clarification Note:

Russells is the surname of Ruby.

This Aunt Jones could by some way, be related to the mysterious owners of the Royal Mansion.
The link up is this way...
The surname of Harrison, the first husband of the Queen Agnes, is Jones.
And the same is another lady's, to whose home Elsa's family is going for a party.