Chapter - 25

The Mansion was full of beautiful greenery and was surrounded by many kinds of fruit-bearing trees.
"I'll have to make it quick" I told myself.

"Shantanu, O lord!
Please give me the permission to enter your Mansion", I chanted thrice.

And then, I couldn't believe what I saw.
That Mansion, which was full of greenery, suddenly transformed into the scariest deadly Mansion.
All the green plants and shrubs got dried up and the walls developed huge threatening cracks.

I hardly had any guts to gather, after having a look at such horrific ghostly Mansion.
Somehow, pushed myself to get in.

I could hear many voices, couldn't understand their talks though.
But there was none, my eyesight could catch!

"Welcome, Miss. Smith", a voice said with an evil laugh.

I just tried to get some clues, to find out the truth.

The huge long rooms were all dirty, with too big spider webs all over.
I could see the dust flying, as I was taking steps and accidentally stamped a few spiders and bugs.
The whitish sticky blood of the bugs was on the floor.
"Ewwww" I told and walked quickly.

And then, as I headed towards the left, I saw a huge photo fame, completely covered by dust.
As soon as I saw some big clothe beside, I pulled it and some small mammals came out running. I could feel them pass by my leg.
Somehow managed to grab it and that was a decorative curtain.
I dusted out the frame with that curtain and saw the words,
"QUEEN AGNES HARRISON" written on the frame, below the picture.

It also had the date of birth: 1-11-1701 and the date of death: 16-5-1800.

"Oh god! Two centuries back!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah. What have you come here for?" A voice asked.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter who's here. If you want yourself safe, then just leave!"