◆Chapter-9◆

I asked Anna if she had been to my home.

She just starred at me for a few seconds and then replied, "Elsa, you're seeing me right, how I am! Even to go to the rest room, I'm feeling damn weak."

Just then my phone vibrated and I got a chill in my spine, when I saw that there were some texts from Anna's phone. They said,
"Stop enquiring about me, Elsa!"
"If you tell Anna what's happening, then you're gonna die!"

I didn't dare to ask Anna anything. Just told, "Yeah. Take care Anna. Get well soon" and left that place.

Throughout my journey to home, I had been thinking of those texts.
Anna told that she lost her mobile.
Who's the one texting then?
And how did he/she get to know that I was enquiring from Anna.

"I must tell this to Ruby!" I thought to myself.

I almost reached my home when there was another text from the same, Anna's phone. It said, "Just leave Ruby. She's gonna die soon!" And a smiley.

What the hell am I reading !
I pinched myself to ensure that I wasn't imagining things or something of that sort.
I just kept walking from the entrance to the garden, helplessly, not knowing what to do.
"Ruby.... Ruby's gonna die ? Wait, let me talk to her clearly, as to where she had been going these days, lying to her parents." I thought and went to her house, not leaving behind a second of delay.

Now what I saw in Ruby's room after getting there, was something that freaked me out and I fainted.

It was 9pm when Ruby's brother, Edmond Russells woke me and he was badly weeping.

Ruby.... Ruby was dead!
She hung herself to the swing holder, attached to the roof.

My heart stopped at once. I couldn't talk or move.
Soon, Ruby's parents and my dad had come, put her body down on the bed.
I was a like a lifeless body!

The next morning, all the formalities were being followed and once all their relatives arrived, Ruby's coffin was taken to the funeral ground.
I couldn't feel what I was watching. I was just numb.
Went to bid her a goodbye forever and whatever I was watching, was just going through my eyes and not reaching my brain.

***********
Hey readers! Firstly thanks to all of you for reading and voting 😊
So how was this 1st twist in the story ?
Do share your views !

Thank you for voting :

RituSingh
ashimma
nayanaiyer
bellescicatrices
ShwetaBharati
sakshiimishra
anusanghi
sumayya_103
YecalBurgers
Queen_Stylish.