Chapter - 32

"Why don't you answer ?" I asked.

No response.

"Hell! What's that coming my way?"
It was one of those huge banyan tree's branches.
A huge scary one.

"No! No! No!" I ran into one of the rooms, not having any idea as to where it led.

The room was too big.
May be a dining hall.
So there was a long table, though full of dust.
Probably it would be! It was more than 2 decades back that people lived in here.

At once, the doors were shut and my heart was beating fast.
I ran to open the door, but it was bolted from out.
I tried banging for about half-an-hour, all in vain.

And then, an idea struck my mind.
I called up Taylor and gave him the directions to reach the Mansion.
He asked many questions like why, how I got in, and all...
But I just asked him to come as early as possible.

"This would be the best time to tell my brother everything, as it isn't safe at home if Jessy gets to know", I told myself.

Meanwhile, I went about the room and tried opening the huge windows, enough of door size.
But they were all jammed.

Suddenly, my sight fell on a portrait.

The picture wasn't clearly visible though, it had the words 'Worlds Best .....'

I could hardly read it.

Under that, was 'Shantanu' written.

I widened my eyes to try reading the faded part, but I couldn't anyway.

And then came Taylor.
He opened the door and thank god I was saved.

I told him everything that I was going through, including Valentino.

"But you don't ever go alone Elsa! I warn you. Otherwise I'm gonna tell mom and dad everything", he told.

I then assured him that I wouldn't do anything alone, hereafter.

"So all the evil deeds are this Valentino's I believe. Fine, we'll trace him out, don't worry. I could feel things weren't okay with you. Good that you finally let it out, Elsa."

The next morning:

I had set a mission to uncover Shantanu's life with the help of library.

So got ready and came into the hall.

Jessy was playing with her dollhouse.

"Mom, Taylor isn't seen. Where's he?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, he went for an interview. Actually he wanted to see you before leaving, but then you were asleep. And so.."

"So, he got jackpot luck to see Jessy, instead of me!" I told laughing.

Then, I texted Taylor that I wanted to go to the library for some clue about what Shantanu was best in.

Since I didn't get any reply from him, I decided to go myself.
Since it was just a library, I thought it wasn't unsafe and soon, started.