◆Chapter - 7◆

It was dark. We had our dinner and were about to sleep.
For one last time, I checked my phone, expecting to see atleast a single text from Ruby, but there was none!

"That's so insane!" I felt.
Somehow managed to sleep after I made Jessy go to bed.

Now, the next morning, I was eagerly waiting to meet Ruby and woke up really early, got ready in less than half-an-hour and was waiting for the clock to tick 7, so that I could start.
But it was just 6.15am and I rechecked my mobile but there weren't any texts or calls.

Finally, it was 6.59 and I could no longer stop myself from seeing Ruby. I told dad that I was leaving to school.
I bid goodbye to Jessy and there I was, waiting before Ruby's gate.
More than five mins passed but she didn't turn up.

I couldn't take it any more, straight away went into her room and found her still asleep on bed.
I tried waking her up twice or thrice and she did wake up.

"Why aren't you coming to school Ruby?"

She wasn't atall interested in answering me and went back to sleep!

Since it's a Monday, we'd be given projects and assignments for the entire week and Ruby never absented herself on mondays, even if she wasn't well.
I just couldn't understand what was wrong with her.
"Fine, bye!" I told and left to school, hoping I'd get to know from Anna.

"Hey Valentino! How was the party?"

"Yeah, it was good. We had fun, but missed you too."

I was badly waiting for Anna to come, but she too didn't turn up.
When any of us weren't to come, we used to text each other. But why were Ruby and Anna doing this to me?
Anna didn't even bother to drop me down a text, looking at my calls!

The school was done and I got back home, but went straight to Ruby's house, as soon as I parked my bicycle in our backyard.

Their house was locked!

God! I just lost patience and sat down in their lawn.
I kept calling Ruby repeatedly. After about 20 calls or so, she switched her mobile off!
I was just unaware of what to do and sat crying for sometime, then got back home.

Neither Ruby, nor Anna bothered to text me at any point of time, that day.

The next morning:

I waited for 5 minutes before Ruby's house, expecting she'd come to the school today.
As she failed coming out, I myself went in to speak to her.

"Ruby left early to school this morning", her brother told me.

What! She left?
That too not waiting for me?
Didn't even care to tell me?
Hell! And I've been worrying for her like an idiot!

*********
Thank you for voting 😊 :
deeppreethi
SanchiSanghi
love_horrors
Khathijasana
NandiniThatikonda
andy_benn
Veer_purohit

Special thanks to NaramSrinivas.