The Unicorn and the Wasp

After the pain of losing Jenny the Doctor discovered just how much it had hurt the Time Lady, she didn't reply to Rita. The only time she did actually reply was when the Doctor addressed her as the Stone. It deeply broke his hearts to see her this hurt as if she didn't feel herself to be called that name anymore. 'The Stone' originally started out as just a nickname everyone called her when she was a child. Most of the older children thought it was funny and teasing to call her something that meant something cold and rough, it was what she went all through the academy as even when she met the Doctor she was called that. Even by him. The Time Lord then found her one day, teary eyed and sniffing, lightly wiping her nose with her sleeve in the academy library the Doctor got concerned about her before she finally explained what was wrong. Determined to help his best friend he sat her down and forced it out of her. His eyes widened realising that the nickname was not what he first thought it was. "A Ruby is also a stone and they're beautiful." The Doctor slightly blushed and her cheeks burned up with his. "No matter what they call you that always is what I mean when I call you Stone, a beautiful ruby" The young Time Lord warmly smiled before it became a large grin on his face seeing his friend smiling at him again before he slightly froze feeling her arms wrap around his neck in a tight hug, the words: "Thank you Theta" being mumbled into his chest.

  ----------------------------------------------------------------

The Stone hadn't left the TARDIS for almost a month after the death of Jenny, she refused to go on any sort of adventure with the Doctor and Donna, it certainly shocked the Time Lord. She didn't leave her room for a good week and a half until the Doctor had to try and drag her out himself. Even Donna couldn't get her out. Groaning and not agreeing to the Doctor's ideas she started to try and pull her self out of his grip and head back to her room. That was all until the Doctor pushed her up against a wall trapping the Time Lady and refusing to move until she agreed to try and go somewhere.

After the Doctor started to run round the TARDIS himself hitting buttons and pulling levers the Stone seemed to have become slightly better seeing that he clearly was getting better himself. "Doctor, are you going to tell us where we are going?" The Stone asked crossing her arms and leaning against the console. "Sweetheart, I'm not in the mood for surprises."

"I promise you, you will love this." He flashed her a grin then took her hand running towards the doors Donna following behind them.

They stepped outside to be just inside the grounds of a grand old manor house. The Doctor took a deep breath in grinning. "Oh, smell that air. Grass and lemonade." He paused for a moment in thought. "And a little bit of mint. A hint of mint." He nodded at the Stone. "Must be the 1920's."

"1926 I believe." The Stone hummed.

"You can tell what year it is just by smelling?" Donna looked between them not believing.

"Oh, yeah." The Doctor nodded.

"Took the Doctor longer to learn than it did for me" the Stone chuckled patting his arm. "Used to get the dates completely wrong in the academy, there was one time where he wouldn't stop sneezing because he breathed in a load of dust and wouldn't stop for almost 15 minutes." She laughed patting his arm seeing that he had turned a slight pinkish colour. "It was quiet amusing."

"May I remind you of that time when you screamed so loudly from the Master terrifying you so much that you refused to let go of my arm until he swore on Rassilon that he wouldn't do it again?." He smirked.

"Yeah well, it didn't help with the stories you had told me the day before" She grumbled. "Plus we were only kids back then!" She pinched the bridge of her nose her cheeks now turning a slight pinkish colour matching the Doctors.