Voyage of the Damned - Four

Last chapter for the Christmas special! Sorry, it's so long 14,939 words in total... I think that's my longest in total which is why it is four parts. After this, we get to meet Donna again, yay!

-----

"Wow. " the Doctor and Rita looked at the large ring like object above them. "Now that is what you call a fixer upper."

"Can't you ever use real words?" Rita asked raising her brows at him.

"You like it really." He winked at her then turned to the Host around them. "Come on then, Host with the most, this ultimate authority of yours. Who is it?"

They watched as the Host walked over and opened a pair of thick doors.

"Omnistate impact chamber." Rita said the Doctor nodded. "Indestructible."

"You can survive anything in there. Sit through a supernova. Or a shipwreck." The Doctor watched as a shadowy figure started to roll out. "Only one person can have the power and the money to hide themselves on board like this and I should know, because..."

"...My name is Max." A voice spoke as a large fork lift with a head came out of of the shadows the only thing not robotic about the man being his head. Max flashed a grin and his tooth glinted.

"It really does that." The Doctor and Rita raised a brow.

"Who the hell are they?" Max looked to the Host.

"I'm the Doctor and this is the Stone." He gestured to Rita. "Hello." They both waved at Max

"Information. Stowaways."

"Well." The Doctor shrugged glancing at Rita who then shrugged at him.

"Kill them." Max instructed. The Host then began to take off their halos as the Doctor stepped forward holding out his arms in front of him and Rita."Oh, no, no, no. Wait, but you can't. Not now. Come on, Max.  You've given me so much good material like." He looked around.

"How to get ahead in business." Rita joked as the Doctor started to nod.

"See? Head?" The Doctor asked. "Head in business? The Stone is funny." They tried to laugh at Max who just stared at them. "No?"

"Oh, ho, ho, the office joker." Max looked at her. "I like a funny woman. No one's been funny with me for years."

"Sorry Max." Rita pursed her lips. "I like someone else." She gestured to the Doctor grinning.

"I can't think why." The Doctor muttered rubbing the back of his head.

"A hundred and seventy-six years of running the company have taken their toll." Max sighed bringing the conversation back on topic.

"Yeah but, nice wheels." The Doctor commented looking down at the vehicle

"No, a life support system" Max corrected them, "in a society that despises cyborgs. I've had to hide away for years, running the company by hologram." Max looked at the Host. "Host, situation report."

"Information. Titanic is still in orbit."

"Let me see." He demanded rolling forward and looking down below. "We should have crashed by now. What's gone wrong?" He asked. "The engines are still running! They should have stopped!" He then shouted moving back. The Doctor and Rita walked up looking down below while talking to Max

"When they do, the Earth gets roasted." The Doctor frowned. "We don't understand. What's the Earth got to do with it?"

"This interview is terminated." Max stated as the Host grabbed them.