Silence in the Library - Two

This book now has 500 reads! I'm literally buzzing from having noticed that the first TPS book has 2K reads and the second has 1.7K. I really love this series and I really hope everyone else is. Share your love and enjoyment for this book if you can and possibly give me some feedback or criticism. It always helps ;) <3

-----

The Doctor and Stone worked on the terminal before his eyes shifted down at Rivers diary. "Sweetheart." The Stone looked at him sadly shaking her head. "I would like to know just as much as you but we can't." She whispered her eyes looked into his sadly. "We know what the consciences could be."

"She's right." They turned around, River walking up to them taking the book. "Sorry, you're not allowed to see inside the book." She looked at them apologetically. "It's against the rules."

"What rules?" The Doctor frowned.

"Your rules." She shifted her gaze between the both if them. "Mostly the Stones but you listen to her." She then walked off.

"Even in the future your bossing me about." He smirking at her.

"Lovely to know we have a future." She chuckled resting her head on his shoulder.

"Why wouldn't we?" He glanced down at her.

"Doctor our lives aren't exactly the safest are they?"

"No they're not." He looked at her. "But you know I would never let anything hurt you." He kissed her forehead.

"Now we both know that you can't promise me that." She looked at him.

"But I can try my hardest." He smiled. They turned back to the terminal again and continued to press the keys, books then started to fly off the shelves. The two frowned slightly.

"What's that?" The Doctor said then glanced at the blonde beside him.

"Sweetheart do I look like Harry Potter?" She asked shaking her head. "It wasn't me."

"Well I didn't do that." He replied then glanced over his shoulder at Dave while the others tried to dodge and stay out of the way of the flying books. "Did you do that?"

"Not me." He shook his head. The Stone frowned at the terminal. The Doctor noticed and followed her gaze then spoke over his shoulder as the books continued to fly off the shelfs. "What's Cal?"

Not getting a reply the two turned back to the screen trying to get the terminal working again. The Stone flashed her sonic at the screen then sighed it not doing anything to help fix it.
The book then stopped and the Time Lords glanced at each other shaking their heads the both of them telling the other that it wasn't them. "What's causing that?" River asked. "Is it the little girl?"

"But who is the little girl?" The Doctor asked.

"What's she got to do with this place?" The Stone questioned.