Midnight - Two

Groaning slightly from the blow to his back the Doctor shook his head then turned to the blonde beside him who was doing the same rubbing the back of her neck. Worrying the Doctor placed his hand there looking into her eyes through the darkness. "I'm fine." She reassured him knowing exactly what he was thinking. "Just hit my neck on you or one of the seats. Are you okay?"

"Arms, legs, neck, head, nose." He thought counting aloud. "I'm fine." He gave her a tight hug then poked his head up over the seats the Stone next to him looking around at the people scattered on the floor, Biff and Val were tightly hugging on the walkway between the rows of seats while Professor Hobbes was between a row of seats Dee Dee on the opposite side, Jethro was leaning against a seat in the walkway while the Hostess was on the floor. "Everyone else?" The Doctor looked around. "How are we?" He stood up helping the Stone to her feet the two of the squinting their eyes trying to see in the dark.

"Is everybody okay?" The Time Lady asked. Gaining no reply she repeated herself asking again.

"Earthquake." Professor Hobbes muttered ignoring her question. "Must be."

"But that's impossible." Dee Dee shook her head. "The ground is fixed. It's solid."

"We've got torches." The hostess informed passing out torches. The Doctor squinted his eyes at the light as a couple of the beams of light hit his eyes. "Everyone take a torch. They're in the back of the seats."

"Oh, Jethro. Sweetheart, come here." Val begged reaching out to her son who was shining a light at the front of the bus.

"Never mind me." He called over his shoulder. "what about her?"

The group all turned, the Doctor and the Stone shone the torches now in their hands in the direction Jethro was facing. The light allowed the horrific and terrifying view to show, the seats in the front two rows were ripped off as if a large knife sliced through the middle of them. Sky was crouched down holding her head and facing away from the group in the middle of the havoc. She looked to be shaking ever so slightly. "What happened to the seats?" Val questioned eyeing the fabric that remained.

"Who did that?" Biff shakingly asked.

"They've been ripped up."

The Doctor slowly walked over to the crouched woman, the Stone right beside him. The blonde crouched down slightly trying to reassure and calm the terrified blonde down. "It's all right, it's all right." She cooed. "We're all still alive."

"Look, the wall's still intact." The Doctor looked up showing the wall having a dent inwards but still holding together with no sign of rips or breaks. "Do you see?"

"Joe?" The hostess spoke into the comm trying to see if it would work. "Claude?"

"We're safe." The Doctor tried to comfort the woman.

"Driver Joe, can you hear me?" She asked. Hitting the comm down she stormed to the front of the bus to the driver's door. "I'm not getting any response. The intercom must be down." She hit the button for the driver door. Bright lights then flooded the cabin, the Doctor, the Stone and the other passengers shielded their eyes as alarms began to blare before the hostess managed to close the door.

"What happened?" Val asked gasping. "What was that?"

"Is it the driver?" Biff asked. "Have we lost the driver?"

"The cabin's gone." The Hostess breathed out sounding panicked.

"Don't be ridiculous." Professor Hobbes snapped at them all. "It can't be gone. How can it be gone?"

"Well, well, you saw it." Dee Dee said looking at him.

"There was nothing there like it was ripped away."