Forest of the Dead

"Hey, who turned out the lights?" Dave moved closer to the Time Lords in corridor made out of book cases. The Doctor tightened his grip on the Stone as he stepped closer again. "Hey, who turned out the lights?"

River pointed the squareness gun at a wall creating a hole. "This way, quickly." She shouted. "Move!" They sprinted through running through the corridors. "Hey, who turned out the lights?" They heard Dave following behind them.

The group continued to run before stopping at another dead end, River used the squareness gun again and ran through into the light of a large area with a glass dome above with the moon in view letting in the light. "OK, we've got a clear spot. In, in, in!" River ordered. "Right in the centre. In the middle of the light, quickly. Don't let your shadows cross. Doctor, Stone."

"We're doing it!" He called over his shoulder scanning the shadows with his sonic while the Stone rested her head gently against the floor trying to listen.

"There's no lights here." River looked around the room them looked upwards at the glass dome. "Sunset's coming. We can't stay long. Have you found a live one?" She asked the pair.

"Maybe." He glanced at the Stone who shook her head at him her ear pressed against the floor. "It's getting harder to tell. What's wrong with you?" He frowned gently hitting his sonic.

"We're going to need a chicken leg." River looked at Mister Lux, other Dave and Anita. "Who's got a chicken leg?" The other Dave then handed her one. "Thanks, Dave." She nodded at him. River then threw the meat into the shadows, as it entered the meat disappeared completely leaving the bone to hit against the floor.

"Okay. Okay, we've got a hot one." She tried to calm herself down. "Watch your feet."

"They won't attack until there's enough of them." The Doctor explained.

"But now they have our scent." The Stone ran a hand through her hair. "They're coming."

"Oh, yeah, who are they?" Mister Lux looked at River after glancing at the TimeLords who continued with working faintly hearing the conversation going on behind them. "You haven't even told us. You just expect us to trust them?"

"He's the Doctor. She's the Stone."

"And who is the Doctor and the Stone?" Mister Lux looked at her angrily clearly annoyed that there were people in the library on 'his' expedition. Two people that he had no clue who they were or how they got here.

"The only story you'll ever tell, if you survive them."

"You say they're your friends, but they don't even know who you are," Anita said trying to wrap her head around the situation.

"Listen, all you need to know is this: I'd trust that man and woman to the end of the universe. And actually, we've been."

"They don't act like they trust you." She protested.

"Yeah, there's a tiny problem." River looked at her. They haven't met me yet."

The Doctor and the Stone frowned at their sonics the Stone sighed placing hers in her pocket them moving to the floor again trying to listen as River walked over to them. "What's wrong with it?"

"There's a signal coming from somewhere, interfering with it." The Doctor hit his screwdriver again trying to get it to work.

"Then use the red settings."

The two TimeLords looked up at her frowning. "t doesn't have a red setting."

"Well, use the dampers."