Midnight

Oh it is this episode... *sigh* It isn't that I hate the episode I think it is quite a good one that actually made me wonder what was going to happen to the Doctor in the end because he couldn't stop the 'creature' himself. I didn't like the fact that there was not really much Donna (apart from the start or the end) and that the location stayed the same. Nonetheless I somehow managed to write more than the episodes I found to have more detail than this one; oh well it might just be the amount of dialog that made it so long. Without further ado here is the first part out of three, Midnight!

-----

"I said, no." Donna refused once again at the Time Lords request, the Doctor and the Stone huddled together with a public telephone between them somehow allowing them both to use it at once, the two of them trying to convince Donna to go on a trip with them.

"Sapphire waterfall." The Stone tried to convince her with the beauty of the destination. "It's a waterfall made of sapphires. This enormous jewel, the size of a glacier..."

"Reaches the Cliffs of Oblivion, and then shatters into sapphires at the edge. They fall a hundred thousand feet into a crystal ravine." The Doctor finished

"I bet you two say that to everyone," Donna remarked.

"Oh, come on." The Doctor groaned then glanced over his shoulder seeing the few people start to head onto the bus. "They're boarding now! It's no fun if we see it on our own. Four hours, that's all it takes."

"No, that's four hours there and four hours back." She protested. "That's like a school trip. I'd rather go sunbathing." She paused for a moment. "Plus you have the Stone with you when was the last time you both went anywhere nice just together?" She asked.

"Well, there was..." The Doctor tried to think.

"That one time..." The Stone added. "Er..."

"Exactly!" Donna exclaimed into the phone making them both wince and move the phone away from them for a moment. "You two go and enjoy yourselves!" She beamed into it happy to get some time away from them both, of course, they were her best friends but sometimes she felt like the third wheel with them, they never meant to make her feel that way and she knew that and fully respected them both but she needes the time alone. "It isn't every day you get to relax together without me following you two around." She laughed.

"You be careful, that's Xtonic sunlight." The Doctor warned sharing a worried look with the Stone.

"Oh, I'm safe." She waved them off. "It says in the brochure this glass is fifteen feet thick."

"Phew." The Stone whistled.

"All right, we give up." He groaned. "We'll be back for dinner. We'll try that anti-gravity restaurant... With bibs." He glanced at the Stone who was shaking her head remembering a time back in her previous body where they had both went to a restaurant similar to that not realising what it actually was, they ended up with more food over themselves than in their stomachs.

"That's a date. Well, not a date. Oh, you know what I mean." They heard Donna groan. "Oh, get off."

"See you later."

"Bye Donna" the Stone added.

"Oi." She stopped them. "And you two be careful, all right?"

"Nah." The Doctor shrugged. "Taking a big space truck with a bunch of strangers across a diamond planet called Midnight? What could possibly go wrong?" He placed down the phone.