Voyage of the Damned - Three

"Morvin, look." Foon beamed at her husband. "Food."

"Oh great. Someone's happy." Slade muttered then moved away seeing the evil glare of Rita. The Doctor sighed wrapped an arm around her letting her rest her head against his shoulder.

"Don't have any then." Morvin glared at Slade. Rita smiled a little happy that he wasn't letting him get to himself or his wife like that.

Rita nodded at the Doctor thinking exactly what she knew he was thinking. Keeping his hand firmly on her waist the two made their way over to talk to Frame. "Mister Frame, are you still there?" The Doctor asked.

"Yes, sir, but I've got Host outside." He glanced at the door. "I've sealed the door."

"Those Host." Rita went on to explain. "They've been programmed to kill. Do you have any idea as to why anyone would do that?" She asked.

"That's not the only problem, Stone, I had to use a maximum deadlock on the door, which means no one can get in. I'm sealed off. Even if you can fix the Titanic you can't get to the bridge."

"Yeah, right, fine." The Doctor cut off. "One problem at a time. What's on deck thirty-one?"

"Er, that's down below. It's nothing. It's just the Host storage deck. That's where we keep the robots." Rita flashed her sonic at the monitor knowing what he was talking about. A screen of the ship then appeared showing a small black box in a small area of the ship where deck thirty-one would have be.

"Well, what's that?" The Doctor asked. "Do you see that panel? Black. It's registering nothing. No power, no heat, no light."

"I've never seen it before." Frame muttered.

"One hundred percent shielded," Rita said. "Have any idea what exactly is down there?"

"I'll try intensifying the scanner." He informed them.

"Let us know if you find anything. And keep those engines going."

"Saved you two some. You might be a Time King and Queen from Gaddabee but you need to eat." Astrid handed Rita a small plate.

Rita chuckled. "It's Time Lord." She sat down beside the Doctor. "Or Time Lady in my case." She shrugged taking the offered food and handing a sandwich to the Doctor. "Thank you though."

"Yeah, thanks." He nodded.

"So, you two look good for nine hundred and three."

"You should see him in the mornings." Rita joked.

"Okay," Astrid said a little too quickly. The Doctors eyes snapped up staring at her then shifted over to Rita worryingly for her reaction.

She stared at Astrid for a moment before laughing. "I asked for that one." The Doctors gaze softened. It was one of the things he loved about her. Her trust and understanding, she knew Astrid didn't mean anything from that so why would she need to be jealous or mad? Then again when was she ever jealous?

"Doctor, Stone, it must be well past midnight, Earth time. Christmas Day." Mister Copper informed them.

"So it is. Merry Christmas." He smiled at them before turning to Rita. "Merry Christmas my love." He kissed her temple.

"Merry Christmas to you too sweetheart." She kissed his cheek in return.

Astrid then spoke up. "This Christmas thing, what's it all about?"

"Long story." The Doctor explained. "I should know, I was there. I got the last room."

"Now I never got told or knew about this." Rita looked at him.