Partners in Crime - Two

The Doctor, Stone and Donna ran through the floors before skidding to a stop in the middle of the call centre as Miss Foster accompanied by her two guards stopped standing right in front of them.

"Well, then. At last." She looked between the three.

Donna waved at the woman eyeing the guns in the guard's arms. "Hello."

"Nice to meet you, I'm the Doctor." He waved.

Rita nodded also noticing the guns. "I'm the Stone"

"And I'm Donna."

"Partners in crime." Miss Foster looked between the Time Lords. "With a companion." He nodded at Donna before looking at both the Time Lords once more. "And evidently off-worlders, judging by your sonic technology."

"Ah, that reminded me." Rita patted herself down then held the sonic pen tossing it lightly in the air watching it spin then catching it. "I still have your sonic pen. It's quiet nice, not as good as my sonic which I just like to call a sonic, still it's good." She looked at the pen impressed then handed it to the Doctor.

"Sleek. It's kind of sleek." He then let Donna look at it. "Oh, it's definitely sleek." She nodded in agreement with them.

The Doctor took then pen back from her. "Yeah, and if you were to sign your real name, that would be...?"

"Matron Cofelia of the Five Straighten Classabindi Nursery Fleet." She informed them. "Intergalactic Class."

"A wet nurse" he nodded "using humans as surrogates."

"I've been employed by the Adiposian First Family to foster a new generation after their breeding planet was lost."

The Doctor and Rita frowned, something wasn't adding up, first the bees and now lost planets. "What do you mean lost?" The Doctor asked her. "How do you lose a planet?"

"Oh, politics are none of my concern." She waved a hand. "I'm just here to take care of the children on behalf of the parents."

"What, like an outer space super nanny?" Donna asked.

"Yes, if you like."

"So. So those little things, they're, they're made out of fat, yeah" she asked trying to wrap her head around the situation, "but that woman, Stacy Campbell, there was nothing left of her."

"Oh, in a crisis the Adipose can convert bone and hair and internal organs." She shrugges not caring. "Makes them a little bit sick, poor things." Rita watched her face becoming cold.

"What about poor Stacy?"

"Seeding a level five planet is against strictly galactic law." Rita coldly warned.

"Are you threatening me?" Miss Foster glared at her.

"She's trying to help you, Matron." The Doctor cut in. "This is your one chance, because if you don't call this off, then we'll have to stop you."

"I hardly think you can stop bullets." Miss Foster said as the guards then took aim. The Doctor pushed Rita behind her as she pushed Donna behind herself.

"No, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on." The Doctor raised his hands, sonic screwdriver in one and sonic pen in the other. "One more thing, before... dying. Do you know what happens if you hold two identical sonic devices against each other?" Rita quietly winced knowing what would happen from experimenting with her own sonic and the Doctors when she was curious one time.

"No." Miss Foster replied.

"Nor me." He grinned. "Let's find out." He activated the sonics, Rita and Donna covered their ears as the horrid noise echoed in the room shattering glass nearby. Miss Foster and the two guards stumbled back in pain also holding their ears as the screeching sound continued. Rita then nudged the Doctor to stop the noise seeing that Miss Foster and the guards wouldn't be following them, she grabbed his hand and ran out with Donna following behind them. "Come on!" She shouted as they ran.