The Sontaran Stratagem - Two

The Jeep came to a hault in the middle of a junction as Donna jumped out. "I'll walk the rest of the way." She reassured the Time Lords. "I'll see you two back at the factory, yeah?"

"Bye!" They both waved at her as she moved away.

"And you be careful!" She shouted pointing at the Doctor before the jeep pulled away.

"Why did she only warn me?" The Doctor looked at Rita.

"Sweetheart you and trouble go together like bread and butter."

"What does that make you and trouble then?" He raised a brow at her.

"Bread and butter." She smirked and looked out of the window then frowned slightly. "I forgot to ask, where are we even going?"

"A 'child genius' invented ATMOS." He explained at Rita who raised a brow interested from the moment he said 'genius' and 'invented'. "He apparently runs a private school for selected students, thought we could take a trip there, I know you would want to see what they have been getting up to." He grinned at her.

"Are you just getting lonely that I'm the only other genius apart from you?" She raises a brow at him.

"Possibly." He smirked glancing away from the blonde as she shook her head disapprovingly at him.

They continued driving in silence until Ross started to explain to them about Rattigan, "UNIT's been watching Rattigan Academy for ages. It's all a bit Hitler Youth. Exercise at dawn and classes and special diets."

"Turn left." The ATMOS device instructed.

"Ross," the Doctor frowned slightly, "one question. If UNIT think that ATMOS is dodgy..."

"Go straight on."

"How come we've got it in the jeeps?" Ross finished. "Yeah, tell me about it. They're fitted as standard on all government vehicles. We can't get rid of them till we can prove there's something wrong."

"Turn right."

"Drives me around the bend." He commented as the car turned following the road.

"That was clever, good joke." Rita spoke up from the back.

"Timed that perfectly." Ross chuckled.

"Yeah." The Doctor nodded. "Yeah, you did."

"This is you final destination." The ATMOS device shortly informed them, Ross then stopped the jeep, the Doctor stepped out opening Rita's door for her even though she could open it perfectly find on her own, rolling her eyes he smirked at her, they walked up the gravel path and watched the students in a sort of uniform run around as they walked up to Rattigan.

"Is it PE?" The Do tor joked. "I wouldn't mind a kick around, I've got me daps on."

"Sandshoes." Rita coughed jokingly.

"I suppose you're the Doctor and the Stone?" The boy turned around.

"Hello." The Doctor grinned.

"That's us." Rita waved.

"Your commanding officer phoned ahead."

"Ah, but we haven't got a commanding officer." The Doctor stepped forward. "Have you?" He asked, the boy glared at him. "Someone doesn't like you." Rita muttered to him. "I think he's worried of getting out smarted."

"I'm just wanting until you start opening your mouth." The Doctor grinned at her then looking at Ross. "Oh, this is Ross. Say hello, Ross."

"Good afternoon, sir." Ross nodded at the boy.