Preekar wedding 1

The wedding  day !
No matter how well you prepare, things always get misplaced, estimates are  challenged and there is some kind of tension lingering on the minds of the bride side folks. 
People were over dressed, over excited, loud and happy and some well, there is always someone waiting to ruin the mood..dig old politics, bring the customary changes and old ladies always waiting to get some one hooked with the other and recollecting embarrassing moments of the now old members just to put them in place 😊😉.

Amidst all these Sumo managed everything with her PCT gang. It was a Sunday and hence the whole lot was there . She was the most gazed upon , prettiest unmarried thing in the hall . But she was unaware of the enraptured looks and whistles that came around in her direction as she ran pillar to post getting things as required and "satisfying" the merest demands of little ones to the high level grumpiness of Chachi and her rich gang.

As she slowly relaxed in the evening, she let her heart wander about.... Shravan had told he missed her, he had said that before... right from school days... but this time it was not an accusation.  It was more of a signal.. a hint... well dare she hope? Or will he still love her but never marry her? Will he never realise that she loves him too but relationships are to have a concrete name. She wondered why as she gazed around  no one had even smiled or tried to make any small talk with her.  Well , wedding mein to flirting chalta hai.. ab itni buri to nahi lag rahi hai woh !. Slowly her eyes met  Shravan. He was with a group of young lads.. cousins possibly as she knew none. He smiled back. The guys all looked enviously at him. Well, that doesn't add up thought Sumo.

Preeti was looking extremely happy and gave Sumo's hand a little squeeze as she sat behind her.
The pandit started the pheras and Sumo could not help imagine herself taking the vows. She was still smiling shyly when she felt a strong gaze upon her. She saw Ramnath uncle stare at her as though romance was a contagious flame and had to be doused at once in case she caught it.
She strongly smiled back at him and decided to not even turn in Shravan's direction. The wedding ceremony was over and all got busy celebrating, blessing..teasing and chatting. Kamini held her head high as she manged to regain her status with the wedding which she almost lost after Sangeet.

The little snacks were doing the rounds when Sumo got a message.
Tingi!
It was  Shravan
Well you were correct. Kuch logon ko 5 star hotel mein bhi complaints hain. Small issue but do you want to know?

Sumo rolled her eyes. Now what! She looked at him and nodded.

Ting!
Another Malhotra, my dad's side. Fellow feels there are not many enquiring about the boy's side and not making them feel important. He is in the lobby,  refuses to enter!

Suman had to go. The issue was so trivial! Clearly an old man needed some ego massage. She went out at once and found a grumpy man , bespectacled and well dressed man with a pair of silver rimmed glasses sipping some tea near the entrance.

Suman- " Mr Malhotra, have you by any chance come over for the Pushkar Preeti wedding ? "

He looked confused.  "Oh no , beautiful! I wish I did now 🙂"

She smiled and turned around.  Shravan stood a foot away from her.  "I am the unhappy Malhotra.  Don't we attend wedding to meet and greet friends and relatives.  To have fun?kisi ne na chai paani poocha, na muh mein laddu khilaya.😑🙁. .Ab meri dost to subah se itni busy hai ki mera dil kisi mein nahi lag raha hai"

Suman - "Shravan ye kya bachpana hai. Itna kaam rahta hai.. Abhi dinner bhi serve hoga. Use check karna hai.."

Before she could finish Shravan had pulled her into a lift .
"Hey lawyer! Kidnapping case hoga tum par. ! "