Kabhi haan, Kabhi na..

"Sumo , marry me"

The most melodious words, the sweetest thing to hear, the prayers of the past answered.  She knew it was coming, sooner or later, she had to answer.  She wanted to fling herself onto him and cry out loud .
"I love you too Shravan " she kept saying that in her mind while she wanted to climb on top of Qutab Minar and shout it aloud to the whole city.

She leant backwards and closed her eyes. Though she had mentally plugged it with layers of M-Seal, a tear rolled down.

"Why Sumo? "

This time she opened her eyes and looked at him . She shook her head. "I don't know"

"Kya?"
She took a few deep breaths and collected her thoughts.

" Shravan it has been soaring in my heart and though it took more time for possibly us to realise than the others, it is no secret now that we do like each other"

"Like??? That is  the most diluted expression for my emotion. Sumo I madly, deeply, crazily love you. I am  addicted to you and I know that you LIKE me"

She was taken aback at his reply. Compose yourself Sumo. Fight it. But she lost all her resolve when he pressed her hand harder. "Tell me Sumo, please"

She could not speak. She had to refuse. She had no choice. He took her hand out of his .Wiped her tears and smiled. OK she was ready.
" Shravan, yes I love you. Madly, deeply, crazily and maybe I will do this till my last breath but... "

"I hate but"

" but I can't decide the marriage. Nanu hain. Unse poochna padega and tumhare ghar mein bhi tum sabse baat karke aao. Agar properly  Ramnath uncle aakar nanu se haath mange to mein Na kyon kahoongi?"

"Fair enough but why does it sound like a plot to delay things? Mujhe ye jawab ajeeb sa lag raha hai.. duniya mein koi bhi do pyaar karne waala propose karte waqt nana chachi papa aur duniya ke saare rishtadaron ki baat nahi chedte"

Suman gave a chuckle. " Sorry but hum different hain na , Preeti Pushkar jaise new love nahi hai... we do love each other and know that for more than ten years ,  shayad isliye pyaar bhi mature ho gaya"

She got up. " Chal Qutab Minar, ghar chod"

"Wait Romance Killer"

She turned.

"Look at me Sumo.  Just look at me  . Mein ek Oxford ka lawyer hoon. Woh bhi medallist. Thoda to mujhe intelligent samajhne ki bhool kar sakti ho. Baat kya hai?"

"Kaunsi? "

"Your 'I love you had lesser romance than Vandy bhabhi's 'Varun chai peelo' Aisa kya hua? Mujhse darti kyon ho? The kiss?"

" Hey tum itna kyon soch rahe ho? Tumne I love you bola, meine bhi. Infact tumne shaadi ki baat ki to meine bola nanu se poocho.Humne dekha na, abhi abhi Preeti Puahkar ki shaadi ko lekar kitna hungama hua"

"Dammit Sumo. You are the worst actress and the worst lawyer. Agar abhi bhi tumne mujhse kuch chupaya to aaj ke baad mujhe bhool jao"

"Fine. Tumhe jo imagine karna hai karlo but please mujhe wapas ghar chod do "

He pulled her by her arm and brought her very close to him. "Itni jaldi kya hai Sumo? Ruko na, mujhe baat karni hai"

"Shravan you are hurting me, haath chodo " He clasped his hands around her and she could barely breathe.  There was no love. There was anger. Not just anger, Shravan's fury. She shuddered at what would happen next . She didn't mind any level of physical abuse but if he speaks something against her... she will die.
" Sumo, meri baat dhyaan se suno. Jab mein London mein tha tumse bahut nafrat karta tha kyonki tumse mein tab bhi bahut pyaar karta tha. I hated myself because I knew I loved you. It hurt me when I hurt you but I kept telling myself that you deserved it all. Mein tumhe kabhi pareshan nahi dekh sakta tha. Tiwary killa ka case sirf tumhare liye liya. Mein saari zindagi tumhe sirf khush dekhna chahta tha, chahta hoon . Idiotic Sumo, I really love you. Humare takraar mein bhi pyaar tha. Mein jaanta tha ki poori duniya door kyon na chali jaye, sab mujhe galat kyon na soche, Sumo humesha meri side hi hogi, meri Sumo. But of late, you avoided me, ladna kaafi better hota hai but ignore karna bahut dukh deta hai.
Mujhe mere papa ke baad duniya mein sirf tumse lagav hai. Agar tumne mera dil baar baar thoda to mein khokhla ban jaoonga Sumo, I will be a living corpse."