sasural dress rehearsal

There was an electric atmosphere that night. It was no longer a secret, he was no longer a friend. He loved her, he was here to keep her safe but more than anything he was there for no other place felt right. She recoiled and moved back. This was odd. Shravan had been in her house before , he had practically grown up there. He had come to her room. Even after 10 years, during her accident recuperation, Shravan was the invisible strength in her room but the last few days had changed everything. They were more conscious of each other, Avoided proximity fearing the charge in the cloud around them. The 'darlings", "sweethearts' dropped like bombs in the other person's heart... the extra mile to be casually friendly ended up in a hug or a kiss and that became a habit to look forward to. Sumo had always taken it with a pinch of salt, fearing the worst.

But today... he had placed his cards on the table. He had stood by her and claimed her as his. So this hug was different... what was happening... an odd feeling. A strange pulse ..she was..... shy??? Sumo was shy?.. she was! She had pulled off when she realised that. This was strange and she could not accept it. Her Shravan! The spectacled dumbo she had bossed around was creating unfamiliar currents in her bloodstream by a single touch. Even when she had fallen in love with him he had remained a friend... but tonight she could hardly breathe.

Shravan stood there observing her like a lab frog😉. She was reacting oddly. She had started to show her feminine side more and more with each passing night and today she was only his girlfriend...unsure.. scared ,shy...he had sensed her go stiff after the hug. What had happened to her?
"Sumo, scared of me or trying to act shy like normal females?"

"Me shy? Kyon?. And mein tumhe normal nahi lag ti?"

"Ofcourse not. Tum to mujhe mangalsutra bandhogi"

She laughed out loud " School ke time socha tha but abhi kaafi lambe ho gaye ho...so tum hi band do"

She looked at him gratefully. The tension had dissolved and she felt air returning to her lungs. "Shravan, chalo aaj ka case batao"

"Ooh yes interesting stuff"

He spoke about the strangest case where his whole sympathy and truth was on the other side of the table and when he triumphantly summed it up, he realised he was talking to his sleeping beauty .

He wrapped her up well and hugged her. It was cosier with the sheets. He relunctanly moved out

.$$$$$$$$$

Ramnath was back in his room tossing and turning. Was Shravan doing the right thing? Would he struggle like him? Would he tolerate like him or die inwardly or wil he have the courage to teach Sumo a thing or two?.. He knew he had tasted his own medicine. The doors had closed in all directions and he wished he could run through a tunnel like the rabbit of Alice's wonderland. Could he face Shravan again? Had he lost his trust forever.?

Ramnath could not sleep a wink and walked out to pour himself a drink.
Should he just accept the fact as destiny as let it be? Perhaps yes!

$$$$$$$$$// $$$$$$$$

Saturday

Pushkar and Preeti were very excited and Vandy had helped Preeti with extravagant clothing for all occasions. They were leaving on Sunday..just a day left and Kamini herself got carried away in the excitement. She finally dug her antique ring and presented it to Preeti as a mark of acceptance. Vandy wore her ring that day to spread a sense of uniformity and Lalaji was overwhelmed by the change in atmosphere. But Ramnath had acted very weird and Shravan had looked too happy for Pushkar.

Kamini had observed everything in bits and pieces and decided to dig up for more. "Aaj to Suman ko bhi koi bulao. Bhala Preeti ki help bhi hogi aur man bhi laga rahega. Vandy chahe jo bhi karle ye to nayi hai.. uske gharwale honge to man lagega na..kyon lalaji"

Shravan Ki Sumo, Sumo Ka Shravan जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें