Take off..

The unintended and the unavoidable had been voiced by Kamini chachi. It was followed by a wierd silence for individual reasons.Maami was taken aback as she was extremely low on the priority list of her concerns. Maama had speaking itself as a low priority in the Malhotra house. Suman was sure it would be a horrible idea as she couldn't take a favour from them , she was  far capable of taking care of herself but Preeti was a weakness and being with Shravan under the same roof   was well, a heavenly thought to say the least. But he was not the only Malhotra there!
Ramnath was shocked and had reacted in spite of his usual composure. He recoiled and sat down now staring at Sumi and uncomfortable with the unspoken words between her and his son. Shravan was the first to find his voice. "Chachi, aap kya baat kar rahe ho? Sumo yahaan rahegi to uske self respect ka kya hoga? Wo to akele hi Anuj ko bhi sambhal leti but maami ne mana kiya hoga right? "

Sumo glared at him and spoke " Thanks chachi but mein theek hoon and mein apne hi to ghar mein rahoongi and Preeti ka kya ?.mein aati jaati rahoongi and uske liye to Pushkar hi kaafi hai"🤗

Kamini sulked and looked at Vandy who showed a thumbs down. She got a furious look from Kamini and immediately hid her thumb.  "Puttar Pushkar kahaan rahta hai? Har waqt case.. Aaj bhi Agra gaya hai.. kyon Bhaisaab "

Ramnath was dancing in his mind and smiled . "Rahne do Kamini, aaj kal ki independent ladkiyaan sab sambhal sakti hain.Unki dekhbhal karenge to unhe interference lagega. Aap ye sab chodiye, mein Tiwary ji se bat karta hoon and ghar aata hoon unse milne."

The Tiwarys took leave from the Malhotra and Kamini sent Preeti along to help and support her mother. Sumo's heart was heavier by tonnes as she walked out slowly.  Shravan came to send them off and matched pace with her."How can you stay here Sumo when you have an evil father in law waiting to kill you?" Came a very sarcastic reply to her non verbal question .She took a sharp intake of breath and got into the car.After all had got in, she finally looked at him with moist eyes and asked "You still don't believe me right?" He merely looked away and she drove off.
Sumo plunged herself into work and there were loads of it as they were leaving next night. Preeti and Sumo worked with robotic efficiency as things were bought, packed , instructions flying about. Ramnath dropped in early evening the next day, having postponed or delgated mostof his tasks. The efficiency at which the things progressed took a new turn now.

Sumo was touched by how Ramnath had intervened and taken hold of the situation. He had ignored Tiwaryji's protest and upgraded the tickets to business class. The taxis here and the pick up there had been arranged.
The doctors had been contacted and a doctor to take care of Tiwary ji was also arranged. In the absence of his medicAl insurance the needful had been arranged. Sumo wondered what she would have done without uncle and felt that she was obliged more to him with every passing minute.

Shravan had not called or mesaaged since they left his house yesterday.

Around 8pm, the family gathered for dinner and Ramnath uncle had by then taken full charge and Sumo , Preeti and Pushkar( who had by now returned) had completely managed everything. 
Maami was at a loss of words and they kept thanking him. Ramnath brushed it off saying it was the least he could do. By 9 they decided to leave as it was the first international travel for Nanu and they wanted enough cushion time.
Shravan came at 9 , he had backed up for his father and the meetings had taken longer. Having sought their blessings, they ran over the checklist again and then started off to the airport.
After the customary checking, it was time for them to move on. It was well after Nanu went out of sight that Sumo finally broke down. Now she was lonely, scared and loveless. Add to it how Shravan had ignored her totally today, she just could not handle it any more. Pushkar and Preeti tried their best and  finally Sumo composed herself. The sympathy Shravan showed was by waiting for her so that they could leave together.  Mausi , mausa and Sumo had to go to the Tiwary lilla and Malhotras back to their place. 
"Bhaiyya aap chod do Sumo ko and mein bade papa aur Preeti ko le jaata hoon."

"Nahi chote, papa ko meri zaroorat hai. Mausi aur baaki logon ko chodkar tum aa jao. Chahe to Preeti ko bhi le chalo"

"Come on bhaiyya. Preeti tum jao. Mein Sumo ko chod ke aata hoon"

Preeti nodded." Di, please take care. Kabhi bhi aana chaho aap please ghar aa jao"

Sumo was hearing not listening. Baaki log! That was what she was to him?? Not Sumo, not Suman... baaki log? She walked in with mausi and reached the car. She didn't even process that Ramnath had told he was fine and that Suman looked a bit too disturbed to be left alone.She didn't even realise that Shravan was driving the car. She didn't notice that they had reached home and Shravan had got out. She muttered a "thank you Pushkar " but finding the driver's seat empty just slid out. Sumo saw that Mausi was thanking Shravan again for all his father did and WAIT! Shravan??? When? How ?

They waited for her to join and then gave the bye s and walked in. Sumo looked away and walked in too. When she was about to enter he closed the door and pulled her outside.
"Sumo see what is happening around you! Papa sent me .. to make sure you are OK. He knows what Nanu means to you. Sumo, please realise the ball is in your court.Kyon kar rahi ho ye sab? "

"Shravan, tumhare maanne ya na manne ye mera sach nahi badlega. Aur jis tarah se tumne mujhe kal mana kiya, mujhe nahi lagta papa ko zara si bhi mehnat karni padhegi tumhe mujhse door rakhne ke liye"

"Seriously, tumhe rahna  tha? I can arrange that even now"😉he stung back.

"No thanks!"

"Kyon, Preeti hai na?" He teased.

"You know , mujhe bhi sirf Preeti ke liye hi rukna tha "

"Socho Sumo, life mein kabhi kabhi dimag chala lo. 6 months.. ungli mein patti bandh kar firogi ? Do ghante baat nahi kiya to tum itni pareshan ho gayi. Ek hi ghar mein rahogi bina mile, bina baat kare? "

" bus patti nikal doongi  aur bol doongi fake ring hai.. chor bazaar mein liya. Waise bhi kabhi to nikalna hi hai"

Shravan sneered "Fake? Vandy bhabhi can smell real diamonds.  Unhe to ye bhi pata hoga ki kaunse rack mein se ye ring aaya hai. Tum bilkul sochti nahi ho. Har cheez mein dhoom dhadaal , bina ab ki soche,  bina door ki soche kuch bhi decide kar leti ho, kuch bhi kah leti ho. The day you stop being impulsive, you will see things in a rational way"

"Haan mein tumhare jaise super intelligent nahi hoon. Dil se sochti hoon aur dil se decision leti hoon"

" No wonder tumhe decision making mein meri helo chahiye " He was grinning now.

She took a step backwards instantly, clearly understanding the "help" he waz referring to.
"Anyway Sumo, papa ne kaha to tumhe chod diya"

She sadly smiled at the play of words. " Papa ne kaha tha tabhi to meine bhi tumhe chod diya tha Shravan"
There was a very uncomfortable silence.

"Sumo , don't worry.Sab theek ho jayega. And never remove that ring please"

She clutched at the ring and nodded. He covered it with his hands " Sumo, ego self respect, ye sab chodo aur mujhe ye batao.. Agar meine kuch nahi kaha hota to tum ruk paati? Rukna chahti mere ghar mein?"
He pressed her chin upwards with his thumb and made her face him. He was stroking her cheek with his index finger.After a long pause she replied "haan" and could no longer meet his gaze.

"No way.!"He stepped backwards "Nanaji ne to tumhari shaadi mein speed breaker daal diya.6 mahine pata hai kitna lamba hai?"

"Obviously! 180 days approximately "

He shook his head."No Sumo.  180 nights. Ye jante huye ki tum mere ghar mein, mere paas, kisi aur bedroom mein akeli so rahi ho, mein upar kaise so pata? Shareef hoon Sumo, sanyasi nahi. Tum ek raat bhi Tiwary ban kar wahan nahi rahogi.  Aaogi to Mrs Malhotra ban kar, rahogi to sirf mere kamre mein.So please work for it " He chided himself for letting his emotions take the better of him and drove away quickly .Sumo was still under the aftereffects of what she had heard. Well, Shravan does think of everything!

"Shravan par Mein kya karoon?"..

To be continued...
Love you guys ❤
Vote and comment.