Confession 😍

Sumo had particularly chosen to travel in the other car. Shravan had  dropped enough hints but she had ignored them. When Ramnath had loudly voiced it, Shravan had turned red in embarrassment and stopped insisting.
"I just wanted to help " shrugged Ramnath and was awarded with rolling eyes.

The men were in a different vehicle and the  women had followed. The driver was driving Shravan's car back. He had been discharged in a few hours.  It was just a state of shock with some minor internal injuries and extrernal bruises. Though Shravan had pleaded complete paralysis in front of Sumo he had to act normal once the elders came to the room.
Shravan was not given his mobile and was asked to take rest. He was restless. He would jumped out of his car and run into the other had anyone else been driving. But with his father on the wheel and his brothers behind him, there was no way they would let him live it down. He fought against it but slept off through the journey. When he woke up again it was night. Pushkar was snoring beside him. He nudged him, poked him but Pushkar didn't stir. "For all the company he would give to a sick patient " he sighed. When he switched the lamp, he was delighted to find his mobile. He swiped high and low but no! Not a single call or message from Sumo. Silly woman. "Dekhta hoon kitne din bhagegi mujhse"
He called her as he went down to get something to eat. She cut the call at once. So she is awake! He called again and again and she cut repeatedly and switched it off.

He stormed to the kitchen furiously. There was nothing ready to eat and he had no appetite for fruits. He was not just hungry he was totally famished. After rummaging for a while he picked some icecream and slammed the door shut.
There she stood on the other side .

"Hello, fridge thodne ka irada hai?"

He had not expected her to be his home! But decided to hide his joy. "Tumhe kya? Miss call cutter"

"That's not even a word "

"Aadhi raat ko Dictionary discuss karne aayi ho?"

"No Preeti had not slept the entire last night and today, so I didn't want to disturb her. Aur tumhara call pe call. Jaldi bolo"

Shravan suddenly felt guilty about  Pushkar. Poor chap! He had given the family a sleepless night. "Tu to soyi hogi na.. raat aur din, thoda khana tayyar karna mere liye"

"Request hai to please bolo"

"Pleaaaaaaase khaana de do.. khana de do "

"Cha! Ye kya hai.. hato bolo kaise feel kar rahe ho.. hot or cold?"

"I always am hot "

"Oh fever hai?"

"Sumo!"

"Ok then chup chap jaake bhaitho,mein khana laati hoon"

He slumped in the sofa.  A quick hot meal was fixed and the aroma filled the room.

"There you go and please no icecream "

"Why?chot laga to icecream cancel?"

"No icecream se yaadgaash jaati hai"

"What????"

"Shravan tumne please nahi kaha.. aur abhi thank you nahi kaha. Ye sab batein bhool gaye".

He smiled at her."And sorry be nahi kaha".

She turned away. He held her wrist. " I am sorry Sumo. Please look at me. There is not just a sorry but a fat lot of explanation due. Please give me a chance.  Bus ek.baar sun lo"

"I need to go. Eat well"

"Sumo. Why are you here?I mean in this house "

"For Preeti. Good night"