Kya yahi pyaar hai

Sumo ran off and stopped near a wall , turned and burst into tears.
Richa shrugged as she saw the scene unfold. "What goes around,comes around "!

"Richa! " Lizzy admonished. " Did you.."

"Do that on purpose? No,but I can't tell you how overjoyed I am "

"But that girl doesn't deserve it. She was kind and sweet this afternoon "

"Well " she let out a long sigh. "She hurt him and is hurt back now. He hurt me and is in pain now. I am lawyer Liz and I can give a 100 mofr reasons"

"But you won't. I can argue back but I want to walk upto that girl and speak the truth "

"You mean I should do it, right?"

"Yes highness. "

"But look at that lamppost of Shravan. Shouldn't he be running after her? He is rooted as if a landmine is under his foot"

"Come on Richie rich... he always was like that. He would never take the initiative but would never let it go.. let's move "

"Ok but I do the talking and no interruptions"

They found Sumo far away under a tree partially hidden and crying her heart out with head buried in her knees.

"Shravan is not worth that"

Sumo looked up and was startled. She had expected Shravan but not Richa....definitely not the tower of power. If she started to speak, Sumo may as well end up apologising to Shravan for him having said that!

"Suman.. Sumo or Nisha.. listen to me. There was a bet involved and you missed that part. So I stumble upon this ruthlessly handsome Shravan and fall in love with him.
I loved him madly and I am not...never rejected." Richa mentioned calmly.
"He drove me mad and I was determined not to lose him. The other day when I was done with 'hinting' he flatly refused. I wanted the reason and I nearly beat it out of him. He was drunk but I was sober. He told me that he had been in love and since it was one sided , he had thereafter lost faith in love. There was enough pain in his eyes and tone to convey that he was still in love with her. Once he realised he had actually mentioned about his love, he went out of the way to cover it up and hence that filthy reason. Trust me lady, none there believed it. His 8 foot ego came crushing down on his heart and he killed the girl there right away. I swore to him when he sobered up that he is still in love and hence he cannot see me for what I am and will never ever fall in love again."

Sumo was slowly grasping the scene and understood Shravan. His ego would never let him talk about him being in love and being rejected.

Richa went on Sumo had stopped crying " There is nothing that gives me more joy than to see him torn apart like this. Nisha, rather Sumo, if you were not involved, I would never have bothered to explain the truth. I would happily kill him but I have to tell you that he loves you more than anything in this world. Always did. And that was the bet. We told him that if he ever went back to India and found you unmarried he would be eating off your hands from the first opportunity"

Lizzu giggled. Her laughter was genuine. Sumo smiled. "R-Richa T-th-thanks.. I am not sure what to do but I am glad I would not lose him again. He means the world to me and to lose faith in him was losing faith in himanity. "

"He has always loved you. Lizzy keeps saying that you can hate a person only as much as you had loved him for love is limitless but hatred is bound. Nothing hurts like the own teeth biting your tongue. Shravs refused
, saying he only hated and will always hate you. He anyway had a low opinion about women, and all you had to do was to just live upto that."

"Sometimes I don't know how deep his love can run if his hatred is strongly engulfing it"

Richa grinned "That can be tested. As a girl to girl , can you help me?"