Accident

Sumo was jolted from her sleep as her Mausi woke her up.

"Aap? Mausi... aap kab aaye?"

"Hum kal raat ko aaye the. Tumhare mausa ne kaha ki tumhe aate huye dekha par tum gaadi se utar ka seedha yahan chali aayi. Kyon ? Tumhare intezar mein na jaane kaise aankh lag gayi."

"Wo mausi..wo" Sumo slowly collected her thoughts. It was 7 in the morning. Her folks had come back home. "Mein baahar gayi thi aur key na jaane kahan rah gaya.. mujhe pata nahi tha aap wapas aa gaye...kaisa tha aapka trip."

"Arey meri chod. Bechari Preeti ka honeymoon to postpone ho gaya Raat kp call kiya to kaafi tension mein thi. Shravan late tha shayad. Call cut kar diya aur fir baat nahi huyi. Meine socha hum tayaar hoke ek baar milke aa jaate hai.. Aur haan ye le tera mobile. Lagatar baj raha tha."

Sumo hardly heard what her mausi had to say. Shravan was late because of her or maybe because of Richa... she had completely forgotten about Preeti's trip. She had promised to be there. He would have reached by now. Once she visits Malhotra house, she will just talk to Preeti and run off. All for feeling sad last evening. He had neither come after her nor gone home. Richa! And she had fallen for that smiling royal face!

She flipped through the notifications and sat upright at once. 35 missed calls!
Preeti... Pushkar.. Shravan.. Mausi...

She ignored the rest and checked Shravan's log.. 10 times between 7 30 and 8 pm.. Nothing... not once after that..not even in the morning.

Shw checked the messages.... none!

Wow ! For all the chasing she was expecting. Sir seems to have had a busy night. She flung the mobile on the bed. Soon she was back home and in minutes they headed to the Malhotra house. Preeti was delighted to hear Sumo's voice but it took some assurance from Sumo to convince that she was fine And had just kept her mobile home.

Then mausi chatted and Sumo was surprised that his highness had not returned home. A little shiver of panic ran down her spine. Pushkar at once cut his call and ran to Sumo. "Tu kahan thi? Call nahi lag raha tha.. infact thoda to hope tha ki jab tu aayegi bhaiyya bhi saath mein honge. Pata hai kya?"

"Arey kahin doston ke saath hoga... infact he is an adult and I think...."

"Sumo tumhe ye mazaak lag raha hai? Meine mera honeymoon cancel kar diya kyonki bhaiyya ka subah se gayab hai aur tum aise casually le rahi ho" Pushkar screamed .

So it was true. Shravan had not come home... oh my god, kahin use...mein kya kahoon... kuch to karna hoga.

Ramnath could sense her uneasiness "Suman, mere saath aao"
She walked into his room with him. "Uncle I really don't know what has happened. He met his London friends and I know he was all fine till around 5 in the evening. In fact I also had calls from him till 8. But I assumed he just was with his friends and possibly his mobile ran out of charge."

"Shravan kahan hai?"

She bent her head down. "Agra"

"Tum thi uske saath"

She nodded.
"Fir kya hua?"

"Well he was with them and I just came back home"

Ramnath was shaken. "Sumo meine bahut kuch kiya hai tumhare khilaf. Aaj mein un sabhi papon ke liye maafi chahta hoon. But please mujhe mera Shravan de do. Mera matlab hai , bus dikha do. Mein tumhare pyaar ke beech kabhi nahi aaoonga. Aap jo bhi natak kar rahe ho usse mujhe bahut dar lag raha hai. Mujhe ehsaas ho gaya hai ki mere bete ki khushi sirf wo chun sakta hai. Suman beta please use bol do. Use bus aane ko bolo."