Mile sur mera tumhara

Sumo finished the sheet for the day and kept her pen down.She now had started this as a destressing practice. It felt like school imposition but this was one of the lines she wouldn't mind writing a million times ,so a page was always fine! The page looked back at her and said
"Shravan ki Sumo, Sumo ka Shravan " 25 times. She smiled and locked the notebook in her cupboard to start her daily activities.

It was a week now since Nanu had left for the US. With maami, maama, Preeti and Dabboo gone , the house was reasonably empty and silent. This was the wedding season and Babloo mausa too kept himself busy.
Rachna mausi had gone put of the way to keep Suman happy and was also feeling rather buoyant as the head of the house with no instructions or supervision. 😉 They went for shopping together and did pooja together. Mausi was checking prospective grooms but Sumo had flatly rejected all. Maami started to suspect and made a mental note to ask Preeti or Shravan to find out more about Sumo's love interest.

Nanaji spoke to Sumo every other day.Anuj was feeling better and had been shifted to the normal ward. Maami was visibly relieved and excited to be there. She even suggested that they now start looking for brides for Anuj but that was mentioned only in Nanu's absence.

Even Ramnath uncle had called on once to assure all was fine and spoken to mausi twice.All except one.. except Shravan who, for some reason, had neither called nor messaged her . Once he had called Mausi, but that was it! Why Shravan? And she had felt that she lost the battle to Ramnath uncle. It was then that she had picked up writing her lines to keep herself positive and hopeful.

Kya mujhse pyaar karne waala mujhse ek baar bhi poochega ki Naanu ke bina mein kaise hoon? Koi hi ya hello.. ek innocent Good morning bhi nahi? I am busy wala message? ..Bus us raat ko kah diya ki mujhe hi sab kuch karna hai.. Par mein humare rishte ke liye uncle se kya kahoon? .agar unhone mujhe haan kah kar Preeti ko nikal diya to?

Ok then, tum nahi to.mein hi sahi.Mein hi message karti hoon.

Ting! Her mobile beeped and the lunged at it.

Missing me? Any developments there or still waiting desperately to marry me? Jaldi bolo kyonki Mumbai mein ladkiyon ki queue din ba din badhti ja rahi hai 😉

Well she would have loved to see a message from Shravan but Aditya's message brought a smile to her face too. What could she say? She was still habitually toying with her ring. I am engaged secretly but we are not talking to each other?? We know we love each other but MrRamnath knows that too? Her situation was neither a development nor a setback nor was she where she was before...

'I am fine.☺Mumbai ki ladkiyon ko mera best of luck. Yahaan kuch kuch ho raha hai but tum nahi samjhoge 😉'

Ting!
Great ! All the best to you too. Just wanted to confirm, I had not sacrificed for nothing.

Sumo replied with a casual smiley. Lo! Ab national messages bhi aa gaye.. local mein hi network kharab hai 😣

"Hello Shravan. All fine?" She thought a lot and then finally sent it.

Ting! In a second she got the reply as though he had been waiting !

'Oh yes! And you?'

'Dead'

'Texting from heaven or hell?'

'Huh!Nanu reached safely. Bhaiyya is also fine.'

'I know. Papa told me.'

'Baat nahi karoge mujhse?'

'Kar to raha hoon. Bus kahne ko kuch tha nahi.'
Sumo thought 'kehne ko kuch nahi tha???Ignore kar rahe ho?'