Agra case

The tea was boiling and the coffee was ready in the  flask. Sumo was humming a nice song to herself as she started on to get the  breakfast ready. After putting the potatoes in the cooker, she sat down for  her tea. Shravan ke liye 100 baar coffee bana doon par subah ki meri chai mujhe sabse pyaari hai. A long sip and she went back in time. Shravan had asked her to sleep and assured her that  he would not work late. She had secretly set a midnight alarm to check and had found her room dark and empty. He had indeed wrapped up his work and gone upstairs to sleep. She had even tiptoed to Nanu's room and confirmed that. Much to her embarrassment, she wanted to trace his face and ruffle his hair in sleep but after what happened in the morning she would never take  a "sleeping " Shravan for granted. When she had come back she was a bag of motley feelings. 

Sad that he had left her room.
Relieved that he had left her room.
Happy that he had gone to sleep.
Unlucky that he did not nod off while working in her room.
Disappointed that the night will be over soon.
Angry that mausi would return in a few days.
Blessed that she actually did not accompany them!
Scared that her stupid ego or anger or quick tongue may wreck all the good work
Helpless and desperate as she  knew that no force would make Ramnath uncle change his opinion esp since his son believed he was God.

She hardly slept and had woken up with the first ray of the sun. She would make a nice breakfast that he could pack... iska koi bharosa nahi.. acha garam garam poori aur gravy banao aur  bandhe ne pack karvaya to case to is tel mein fisal kar haath se nikal jayega.

She finished her tea and began with the potatoes. He was still not down. She stirred, took some on her hand and tasted it. Then washed her hand and wiped it dry on her dress before touching the atta to make the dough  .

"Still wiping on your dress?"

She turned to see an immaculately dressed Shravan leaning on the kitchen door.

She smiled and poured his coffee. "Bachpan se aaj tak mein nahi badli aur tum dekhna .."

".... mein usi se shaadi karoongi jise meri ye harkat cute lage" he finished for her. "Seedha sanyas lele.. koi bandha pyaar se apni patni ke liye dress khareede aur wo use puanche ka kapda bana de, to kisi bhi angle se cute nahi dikhega"

He took the cup from her and bent down to kiss her.
"No no, sorry but...."

He was confused and surprised...

" wo chai ki taste chali jayegi." She  said sheepishly. And she raised her cheek in his direction. He slapped her gently and shook his head.
"Sumo and her priorities. On day you will pay for this... and if you ever wipe your hand on the dress that I get "

"To kaun yahaan, banaras ki saadi mein khana pakhane wala hai, kabhi emergency ho tabhi expensive dresses mein kitchen mein rahoongi"

"That is the reason I won't ever get you a nice expensive designer dress."

"Trust me, Jo ek dilaya tha wahi zindagi bhar ke liye  kaafi hai"

.....Silence...

"I am sorry about that Party Sumo."

"No Shravan mera matlab wo nahi tha... sorry meine bus aise mazaak mein kah diya... mein use bhool gayi... terrace mein promise kiya tha na"

"Maaf kiya hota to abhi nahi bolti" he didn't meet her eyes.

She felt guilty..sumo Sumo. Life mein kabhi to soch ke baat kar!!!

"I am sorry Sumo. Tum pagal thi, 10th mein thi... I mean that is young! And adolescent... par itne salon baad sabko bulalar, sabke saamne, mujhe aise nahi karna chahiye tha. Dammit I was a qualified lawyer! Not a school idiot"