PART 1.3 - Ch 04

Baker's POV

I opened my eyes to see her snuggled up to my muscular chest. Her shoulder-length hair tickled. I moved away slowly making sure she does not wake up. It was still dark and clock said it was only eight in the evening. Getting up I pulled on the boxers that was trashed into a corner by the one and only not-that-easy-girl. Carefully almost tip-toeing I made my way to make a nice cup of hot coffee.

Taking a sip of the warm caffeine I wondered how I ended up like this. This was not what I pictured myself a year back. What was I doing? Fooling around with a kid? Violating school policies? Is this how I would live from now on? Is this all there is to it?

Pushing these stressful thoughts away, I walked to the five feet tall shelf near the balcony. With another sip, my fingers stroked the worn out books of neurology. The shelf was neatly filled with such academic books. These books that I fell asleep on, studying,staying up too late too many times. It was not that long ago.

'What time is it?' a growl came from the bed.

'A little over eight,' cocking my head to get a better look at the sleepy figure. Thankfully her words brought me back from the painful memory lane I was about to stray onto.

'Aghh...' She growled, hugging the pillow harder.

She had shifted to the other part of the bed that I had warmed. Her actions caused an involuntary smile. It was her childish behaviour that got to me sometimes, that was it. It was similar yet different from Rose.

Rose

'I have only five months left,' she was  sitting up now.

'So?' I abruptly zoned back. I had no idea where this was going.

'I'd like to stay over tonight,' she whispered, embarrassed at her words but her confidence showed otherwise.

I pressed my eyebrows together trying to figure out what exactly she said. I stood there, questioning her motive behind this unusual behaviour. She was never usually the clingy type, not that this was being clingy but something felt different. I felt warm at her words.

Was this girl ready for another round or did she fall in love with me already?

She lifted her knees to her chest and kept her arms on top of it. She held her head with her palms and her fingers curled, touching her smooth cheeks. She grinned. Her black hair was in tangles and honestly she did not look all that great. Though her skin did have a glow from last night's activities.

'No sir, none of the above of whatever you're thinking. It is just spending some quality time with another being.'

Unpredictable with a sprinkle of humour. That was one of my ways to describe her.

You would think that this teenager was running away from problems she was facing at home or school. At least that is one of the first things that popped in my head.

This conversation was leading to an unknown territory of emotions that I never wanted to step in again, ever. Especially since she was the student you were sleeping with. Now saying yes would only encourage her to run away.

'Sure,' I have learnt to trust this person over the course of two months.

A student that I'm sleeping with. My student! This was wrong on so many levels. Then why was I doing this?

Still not over Rose?

My head ached. Or was it my heart? My hand harshly rubbed my chest. It still felt tight. Either way I was spending the night with her for the first time in this so-called relationship we have.

She pulled my t-shirt over her head and smoothly slipped into it. She always looked good in my things.

Did you expect this shit?
Holler mah Bitches.